Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Calling Christian libertarian bloggers

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 150
Greg Posted: Fri, May 1 2009 8:41 AM

At my blog, The Holy Cause, I have two things going on which might interest Christian libertarian bloggers.

1. A Christian libertarian Blog Carnival - if you are interested, take a look, and feel free to submit articles!
  2. I am trying to compile a comprehensive Christian libertarian Blog list.  If you have (or know of) a blog which should be on that list, feel free to suggest it.

The purpose of both efforts is to promote like-minded blogs.

Yours,

Greg

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 150
Greg replied on Sun, May 10 2009 4:42 PM

I have posted the above-mentioned Christian libertarian Blog List here at The Holy Cause.

The Christian libertarian Blog Carnival submissions window closes this Friday, May 15.

Yours,

Greg

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

That's a really good list, thanks for the reference. Nice to know there's a few Christian bloggers.

It's also good to see Murphy's blog on there, definately one of my favourites.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 150
Greg replied on Thu, May 21 2009 6:05 PM

The first Christian libertarian Blog Carnival has been posted!  Drop in an peruse the articles, there are some great ones there!

Yours,

Greg

The Holy Cause

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 195
laura d replied on Sun, Jul 25 2010 3:06 PM

Hi Greg,

Christian Libertarian here.  My personal blog is about Christianity.  The only thing that it has on it regarding politics is prophetic in nature biblically.  I will add myself as a follower of your blog if it accepts follower.

Grace,

Laura

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 150
Greg replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:16 PM

Hi Laura,

What's your blog URL?

Greg

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 195
laura d replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 12:29 AM

hi.  http://12startruth.wordpress.com/

I am prophesying about the endtimes.  My position is that Sotero/Obama is the 666 beast of the Book of Revelation.  The Daniel 9:27 "confirming the covenant with the many" was, most likely, him taking the oath of office to POTUS.  Ppl think it's a peace treaty w/Israel.  The USA is the covenant nation of the endtimes -- Christian nation.  The 666 beast is a rep of Islam making a false covenant with the USA to uphold the Constitution.  Actual goal:  destroy the USA and bring in global Islam (merging world religions) and heading the NWO (which also merges w/him as it's figurehead).

From there, if above oath is that fulfillment -- happened 1/21/2009.  Abomination of desolations to occur 1260 days later.  July 4, 2012.  That would be when God works Divine Intervention in the USA.  Christian nation of Rev. 12 rises in an act of God one day "Revolution".  I'm chuckling.  If this isn't the correct interpretation of scripture on the dates, I'm not sure how God is going to "one-up it".  Looks pretty poetic to me!!  lol

Anyway, blog has a focus on that and the end-time move of the Spirit.  Preparation of the body of Christ for the establishment of the USA as the refuge nation protected during the Great Tribulation. 

So, if you're interested.

God bless!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 304
Points 4,860

Laura D, may I ask you how prevalent your views are among Christians in the USA? Do you also believe in creationism or is there a method you use to decide what is open to interpretation? Thanks.

The older I get, the less I know.
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 195
laura d replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:18 AM

Hi,

The only  "statistical survey" I have of Christians in the USA is a poll of Republicans.  Of course, not all Republicans are Christians and not all Christians are Republicans.  (I'm a Libertarian, for example.)  However, a survey of American Republicans revealed that nearly 25% believe Obama may be the anti-christ.  Therefore, the exploration of Obama as the anti-christ would perhaps be 25%, maybe more, of American Christians believe he may be the antichrist.

As far as my  means of interpreting scripture, that is challenging to answer.  Sorry if this is long.  I have been reading the Bible since youth. (I read very fast.  Ppl think I'm speedreading -- but it's normal to me.)   I "take in" massive volume of scripture and wait for the Spirit to awaken the scripture rhema to me.  I make no effort to utilize human intellect.  I try not to.  I wait for rhema.  I don't try to study other than to just read in massive volume.

As a methodology, for example, I used this method to gain comprehension of soteriology as a child and became a 5 point Calvinist by this study method.  The scripture just "came alive" in my view, and then when I became an adult, I read the works of Calvin.  His works were very good in their clarity, but simplistic and very basic rather than advanced.  It seemed like baby's milk to me.  (He wasn't pursuing full Kingdom power and authority in Christ VIA comprehension of the foundational basics of God's 100% Sovereignty.)

That's how I interpret.  Absolutely I believe God created by what is to us "miraculous means" but to God is His nature as Creator.  In my salvation, I was 3, and the Lord by the Spirit "showed me" the Creation of the world, the fall of man, Jesus and redemption, etc.  It was at a spiritual level where age is no impediment to spiritual comprehension.  I remember being a child in grade school when the theory of evolution was presented.  I communed with the Lord since my salvation.  I remained quiet, and together the Lord and I were amused at man's impudence and willful blindness.  I was never once tempted to believe in evolution.  lol

God bless

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS