Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

A Question Regarding U.S. Trade Imbalance

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Male
79 Posts
Points 1,160
TheOrlonater posted on Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:02 PM

I do know our monetary policy is part of the problem regarding our whole trade "crisis." My question is more focused on the issue of countries that will not let us into their markets, or they will with basically a protectionist tariff. I've been told in past arguments that those nations are allowed more freely into our markets than we are into theirs.I would guess that it's a problem of diplomacy rather than free trade, but my question is whether it is a problem or not, and if it is what we can do about it. 

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Points 2,710

There are a lot of reasons for our trade imbalance-monetary policy being one of them. Nonetheless, the noe that contributes the most is the national debt because they buy US Bonds instead of actual products in this nation.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
79 Posts
Points 1,160

Is this solution a decent idea, cutting off trade with them unless we have equal training oppurtunities? I'm just speaking about political matters, I am no protectionist by economic means.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS