Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How to get Mises Media into iTunes

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student Posted: Mon, Jun 8 2009 1:39 AM

Laughing Man is wondering how to get Mises Media feeds into iTunes.

First, the media section on the site has RSS/XML feeds everywhere.  You can pull by event, by author, by particular seminar etc.

This is the RSS icon and when you are on a media page with this icon, that means you can pull the contents of that page into iTunes.

In this thread, Sage is tipping us off to two sets of media.  He links them.

Sage:

Yeah, his ten-part lecture series has a big influence on me. Block is really good for beginners — he's fun!

Joe Salerno's lecture series was also influential during my formative months.

Those two addresses are,

http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=80

http://mises.org/media.aspx?action=category&ID=89

Now if we go to those pages, we will see the orange chicklet icon in Firefox and IE.  I think there is an orange RSS icon in Safari.  You need the feed from those icons, and those feed URLs are what you will add to iTunes.  Not the address of the media page Sage linked to.  The address that the orange subscribe chicklet puts in the address bar.

I have created images that should guide us the rest of the way.  Ask questions if this isn't clear.

FIREFOX ^^

Internet Explorer ^^

The feed address in FireFox ^^

The feed page in Firefox ^^

The feed page in Internet Explorer ^^^ with the feed URL at the top.

In iTunes under Advanced, we choose Subscribe to Podcast

And copy and paste the URL address from our feed page (it will be the same URL in IE or FF).

Click ok, and the feed should start pulling the most recent item.  You will have to manually tell iTunes to grab everything.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

Many thanks, I am now gleefully listening to Roderick Long's podcasts. I love his paper on the Hamilton-Seabring debates.

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Cool.  It's not as clear as I wanted it to be, but at 2:30 AM, I think it will do.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

I got what you meant. Basically copy the url on the feedpage and past it into the subscribe to podcast section

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

Well thanks to you I now have 400 new podcasts to listen to including some juicy ones on Marxism! Oh happy day!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS