Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Steve Kanga's "liberal" faq slams Austrian School

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 415
rjljr2 Posted: Fri, Dec 21 2007 2:45 PM

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-ausmain.htm

He calls the Austrian School "Crank Science". I of course disagree.  Modern Economics is a "Crank Science"..  Austrian school is not "science", but rather based on logical arguments about human action. But it is typical of "liberals" to think of humans as little molecules that don't act on their own :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 264
Points 4,630
Grant replied on Fri, Dec 21 2007 3:27 PM

That page doesn't even try to be accurate. I wouldn't even waste your time clicking on it. No one who deliberately lies can be argued with.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator

I agree, who cares? Let this idiot preach to sheeple who are as ignorant as he is, if not more so. 

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 415
rjljr2 replied on Fri, Dec 21 2007 5:38 PM

Inquisitor:

I agree, who cares? Let this idiot preach to sheeple who are as ignorant as he is, if not more so. 

Well, that is a good point. But still it upset me to see such BS, so I had to share :)

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator

That is how I felt when I first saw Huben's site on libertarianism, till I realized how many of his sources had already been refuted, and how much crap he had put up on the site. Time is scarce, and I suggest you only spend it on individuals who have a genuine understanding of Austrianism, i.e. individuals such as Buchanan, Smith and so on. Otherwise these critiques are little more than the blatherings of moronic parrots.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,532
Points 84,495
Stranger replied on Sat, Dec 22 2007 5:11 PM

There's no such thing as bad publicity. What defines propaganda is silence over relevant facts, not lies. If Austrian economics is forced into the debate, the rational minds will see it as a challenge to accept or refute.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 415
rjljr2 replied on Sat, Dec 22 2007 5:31 PM
Has anyone seen any challenging defenses of "Modern" liberalism?  Or challenging critiques of libertarianism? Everything I have run into so far is either ad-hominem or a straw man attack.   Rawls comes close, but I just don't accept his premises.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 30
Points 625

rjljr2:
Has anyone seen any challenging defenses of "Modern" liberalism?  Or challenging critiques of libertarianism? Everything I have run into so far is either ad-hominem or a straw man attack.   Rawls comes close, but I just don't accept his premises.

That's why we have conservatives, although making dogs fight is illegal, but if two dogs are fighting on their own, there is nothing wrong in enjoying that. 

But when one dog decides to pull you in the fight, that's when you Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentiorito.

The ideally non-violent state will be an ordered anarchy. That State is the best governed which is governed the least”-Gandhi

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS