Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Freedom Images...

This post has 998 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 Posted: Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:18 AM

The saying goes "A picture's worth a thousand words"... well let's do some writing. Just looking for images that articulate the freedom / liberty agenda. What you got? [:)]

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 755
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:22 AM

Ones from Mises.org

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:24 AM

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:14 PM

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800

CONZA!!!!!

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like the ocean, smells like fresh mountain air, and tastes like the union of peanut butter and chocolate. ~Liberty Student

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 478
Points 9,180

Theres this too...

Austrians do it a priori

Irish Liberty Forum 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jun 17 2009 5:36 AM

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:07 AM

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:12 AM

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 383
Points 8,775
Sukrit replied on Wed, Jun 17 2009 9:56 AM

Are all these images able to be used freely? i uploaded some of them to my facebook account - hopefully they don't decide it breaches their terms of use.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 295

The Nanny State

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Thu, Jun 18 2009 6:08 AM

Props to Jeffery for this one.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Jun 19 2009 9:41 PM

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Points 3,275
Arvin replied on Fri, Jun 19 2009 11:02 PM

Keep in mind though, the political compass sucks, but if right represents economic freedom, and down is "social freedom", this is where would stand.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jun 23 2009 10:44 AM

Anyone want to make "u will not survive make your time" - with a pic of the Fed? Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 145
Points 2,040

Conza88:
Anyone want to make "u will not survive make your time" - with a pic of the Fed? Big Smile

Best.

Thread.

Ever. Big Smile

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Thu, Jun 25 2009 11:24 AM

malgratloprekindle:

Best.

Thread.

Ever. Big Smile

Haha, thanks! I am tempted to add video clips into this, but then it might get massive.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800

Conza88:
Haha, thanks! I am tempted to add video clips into this, but then it might get massive.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like the ocean, smells like fresh mountain air, and tastes like the union of peanut butter and chocolate. ~Liberty Student

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800

Conza88:

BTW I posted it....

Here

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 280
Points 5,590
Zavoi replied on Thu, Jun 25 2009 1:01 PM

Yesterday's Dilbert is great.

Vigorish - a percentage (of winnings or loot or profit) taken by an operator or gangster [definition from TheFreeDictionary]

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800

Zavoi:
Vigorish - a percentage (of winnings or loot or profit) taken by an operator or gangster [definition from TheFreeDictionary]

I think unless you are a criminal, that is a mostly unknown word... We (my former associates now) called it "The Vig" more recently.....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 145
Points 2,040

And not to be outdone: 

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 554
Points 9,130
Praetyre replied on Thu, Jun 25 2009 11:06 PM

The Messiah looks like a Teletubbie in that video preview image.

I must say, I've always found this image extremely ironic, and to be one hell of a case of psychological projection. So, glad someone turned it on it's head:

http://www.marxist.com/images/stories/capitalism.gif

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,990
ama gi replied on Fri, Jun 26 2009 1:56 AM

"As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable."

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Sun, Jun 28 2009 12:13 AM

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:25 AM

Anarchist Cain:

The Soviet Pink Slip:

Now you see him

Now you don't.

Work harder or face utter extinction...

Indifferent

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,914
Points 70,630
wilderness replied on Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:26 AM

Conza88...lol so funny!

"Do not put out the fire of the spirit." 1The 5:19
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

Haha you didn't know about Stalin's photo purging. An interesting sector of propaganda. People have their faces scratched out and blobbed out. The unspeakables who dared fail or question his rule. Stalin's cult of personality is really fascinating...apparantly he created the radio Stick out tongue Of course according to Soviet propagandaists.

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Jul 3 2009 3:34 AM

Props to Banned.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Sun, Jul 5 2009 7:42 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 55
Points 850

Great thread.

I submitted it to digg as follows:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Best_Libertarian_Pictures

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,011
Points 47,070

I think this fits:

"Yo dawg we heard you don’t like communism, so we put a propaganda poster inside your propaganda poster so you can be re-educated while being re-educated"

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jul 7 2009 1:03 PM

Nielsio:

A political spectrum:

Negative rights
If I take your stuff, I'm invoking that I have more rights than you. That you do not have the right to the stuff but that I do. Negative rights rejects this. It is egalitarian regarding actions. If something is bad for one (to do), it is bad for all.

Positive rights
I have a right to something. Society owes me. This implies that there is a right to supply this, and also a right to take from others to supply this. Implied is also that it is the state that can take and supply this. If everybody has a right to things and has the right to decide what, and has the right to take it, then you're at pure chaos and might makes right. Suggesting universality to people who believe in positive rights, namely that if it's good to coercively provide X then it should be good for anyone to coercively provide X, is usually quickly rejected. They don't reject the proposition that it's good to coercively provide X but that it should be good for anyone. So they believe in public law different from private law. If I steal from my neighbor and give it to my parents it's theft. If a police man steals from my neighbor and gives it to my parents then it's social welfare.

Useful.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:00 PM

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,113
Points 60,515
Esuric replied on Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:53 AM

Oh my god. Matthew, if you made that into a shirt, you would be a millionaire.

This thread is legendary.

"If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Thu, Jul 9 2009 2:44 AM

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 200

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 145
Points 2,040

Conza88:

A political spectrum:

Negative rights
If I take your stuff, I'm invoking that I have more rights than you. That you do not have the right to the stuff but that I do. Negative rights rejects this. It is egalitarian regarding actions. If something is bad for one (to do), it is bad for all.

Positive rights

I have a right to something. Society owes me. This implies that there is a right to supply this, and also a right to take from others to supply this. Implied is also that it is the state that can take and supply this. If everybody has a right to things and has the right to decide what, and has the right to take it, then you're at pure chaos and might makes right. Suggesting universality to people who believe in positive rights, namely that if it's good to coercively provide X then it should be good for anyone to coercively provide X, is usually quickly rejected. They don't reject the proposition that it's good to coercively provide X but that it should be good for anyone. So they believe in public law different from private law. If I steal from my neighbor and give it to my parents it's theft. If a police man steals from my neighbor and gives it to my parents then it's social welfare.

Minarchism should be closer to Anarcho-Capitalism; much closer.  BTW:  Can someone please explain why Anarcho-Communism has niether positive OR negative rights? O.o

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 145
Points 2,040

Conza88:

You know, it's bad enough Libertarians have to take crap from most everyone else on the political spectrum and now from the Anarchists.

I'm personally tired of it being treated like a dichotomy who seem to think that "Well, he's a minarchist, therefore he's just as bad as the statists", while ignoring that this is a spectrum. 

My annoyances aside: An oldie, but a good one. :)

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 145
Points 2,040

Page 1 of 25 (999 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS