Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Community Thread

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd Posted: Sat, Dec 29 2007 3:24 PM

I've spent a lot of time at IGN.com's forums. They have boards dedicated to particular games. As time passes, regular posters begin to form relationships with each other. In order to keep the boards informative as well as personable, someone almost invariably creates a thread known as, for example, The Official Halo 3 Community Thread. This allows anyone to talk about anything within that thread, kind of like a chat room. I see that Mises has a chat room, but it's desolate.

How about creating a community board? Many times I'll have thoughts I'd like to discuss but I don't want to inundate the forums with my jibberish. Community threads/boards are very useful and can allow nebulous ideas to take form and can lead to the development of non-community threads. It could also encourage more participation from lurkers, who might be apprehensive for whatever reason.

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Tue, Jan 15 2008 4:07 PM

There are so many 'little' issues I'd like to discuss with the good people here, but I don't want to make a bunch of lame threads or take current threads onto tangents...

Can Mises.org PLEASE create a 'chat board/thread'? I know there's a chat room but the chances of you and someone else being there at the same time are remote. Why have to try and time it? You could have a 'chat' thread on here and could participate 24-7. It's the same thing as a community thread and is more akin to a conversation, one that can go many places.

Will a moderator or someone please respond to this post?

Thank you and thank you for the Institute!

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS