Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What type of personality do libertarians have?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 150
Points 3,410
al gore the idiot Posted: Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:27 PM

Just curious. I'm an introvert. I do not like socializing. I do not root for any specific sports team, but enjoy watching sports like football. In general, I do not watch much movies or TV - although I have to watch TV sometimes to put me to sleep. I enjoy reading non-fiction books. I have no religious belief. I also suffer from OCD. I feel I'm different from most people. Do other libertarians share some of these traits?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 901
Points 15,900
wombatron replied on Wed, Jul 22 2009 9:47 PM

There seems to be a tendency for libertarians to be "Rationals", in the Myers-Briggs typology.  At least in my experience.

Market anarchist, Linux geek, aspiring Perl hacker, and student of the neo-Aristotelians, the classical individualist anarchists, and the Austrian school.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,255
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Not very social myself either, but I doubt there's any common personality type we share other than being more focused on logical reasoning than most people.

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800

asusenior:
Just curious.

That's cool

asusenior:
I'm an introvert. I do not like socializing.

I like to whip it out, people are drawn to me....

asusenior:
I do not root for any specific sports team, but enjoy watching sports like football.

I enjoy a Futbol game, but I enjoy watching teams of great ability....

asusenior:
In general, I do not watch much movies or TV - although I have to watch TV sometimes to put me to sleep.

My television is there for no reason....

asusenior:
I enjoy reading non-fiction books.

I eat books

asusenior:
I have no religious belief.

Mine are private

asusenior:
I also suffer from OCD.

I do not suffer

asusenior:
I feel I'm different from most people. Do other libertarians share some of these traits?

Many live in the wake of my presence...

It sounds like the ocean, smells like fresh mountain air, and tastes like the union of peanut butter and chocolate. ~Liberty Student

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 258
Points 4,595
majevska replied on Wed, Jul 22 2009 10:50 PM

wombatron:

There seems to be a tendency for libertarians to be "Rationals", in the Myers-Briggs typology.  At least in my experience.

Do you any idea of the specific types? I would guess INTP and INTJ would be pretty common. Though keep in mind that not all libertarians post on message boards, which tend to represent the introverted thinking types much more than any other medium.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 901
Points 15,900
wombatron replied on Thu, Jul 23 2009 1:19 AM

majevska:

wombatron:

Do you any idea of the specific types? I would guess INTP and INTJ would be pretty common. Though keep in mind that not all libertarians post on message boards, which tend to represent the introverted thinking types much more than any other medium.

INTPs and INTJs are definitely over-represented on the Internet (I'm INTP myself).  But most of the libertarians that I have met apart from online interaction seem to be Rationals as well.  Again, this is just in my experience.

Market anarchist, Linux geek, aspiring Perl hacker, and student of the neo-Aristotelians, the classical individualist anarchists, and the Austrian school.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Thu, Jul 23 2009 2:16 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114134

And...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=151918

May be helpful...

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 144
Points 4,455
McDuffie replied on Thu, Jul 23 2009 7:44 AM

I'm a man!

I spell 'M'!

'A'!

'N'!

Read my Nolan Chart column "Me & My Big Mouth"