Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How did I do in this debate?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 836
Points 15,370
abskebabs Posted: Thu, Oct 22 2009 6:38 PM

I think I've made what will be my final post on Economics at the Science Forums Network, as I'm increasingly under the impression that it is not worth any further time and effort, I've said what needs to be said...

In any case I was wondering what you guys think of how well I performed in the following debate. The guy on the pro-market side before me was Paranoia. The link is as follows:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=522344#post522344

"When the King is far the people are happy."  Chinese proverb

For Alexander Zinoviev and the free market there is a shared delight:

"Where there are problems there is life."

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,592
Points 63,685
Sieben replied on Thu, Oct 22 2009 7:27 PM

Oy vey. Carry your points across. If he drops something, like massive credit expansion, hammer on it and go onto explain why it is such a problem. Also, you need to correct his view that we need more regulations, since regulations are the reason the system is so bad in the first place.

I think you can concede that letting all the banks fail all at once is not a good idea. Rather that the extortionist financial institutions need to be phased out over time in favor of a free market. Give ground even if you don't necessarily agree with it if it will let you win the larger issues.

Banned
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS