Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What a ridiculous article...

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 32
Points 760
sam72 Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2008 8:23 PM

This article in the Washington Post strikes me as one of the most economically illiterate articles I have seen in a very long time. It is entitled "A Prosparity Dilemma", which pretty much tells you what is coming in the rest of the article.

To me it appears that most of the legitimate problems he points out has more to do with government then with the market. For instance, he rails against high gas prices but then says regulations like carbon taxes should be forced on businesses to give them the incentive to look for alternative fuels...as if high gas prices won't give businesses the incentives to look for alternative fuels WHEN consumers actually want them.

What do you guys think?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 1,265
hjmaiere replied on Tue, Jan 22 2008 9:49 PM

I dunno. The economic illiteracy demonstrated by that article seems pretty typical. I once listened to some Ivy League economist on NPR's program 'Marketplace' lecture for two minutes on price inflation without once wandering anywhere near the topic of monetary expansion.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS