Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Official Contact Details for Media Outlets

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
22 Posts
Points 605
american.swan posted on Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:59 PM

There needs to be a media contact list for radio, newspapers, and TV pronto.  There is a local English radio station here where I live would be interested in talking to an Austrian Economist from time to time to break down current events.  

The fact I have to post on this forum for such a list is frustrating.  The sole reason the local station would like to talk to an Austrian Economist is because of my numerous comments and suggestions.  Without prompt contacts available for media outlets, I wasted my time educating the hosts of shows and program producers.  

"We aren't that organized. Austrians are spread around the country at various employment, we don't have any list."  Well you have until yesterday to create one.  People are being brainwashed with numerous "experts" on radio and TV everyday and a readily available alternative has to be available or maybe we should debate this issue while Congresses the world over continue to pillage and burn economies in the name of progress.

Thank you for your attention.

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 500 Contributor
Male
328 Posts
Points 5,650
Verified by american.swan

Actually, this sounds like a great idea. If we ask nicely, perhaps the LvMI could put up a page on Mises.org specifically devoted to this end, and certain Austrian scholars can opt-in to the list.

• | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,651 Posts
Points 51,325
Top 150 Contributor
Male
767 Posts
Points 11,240

I'm sure Mr. Lew Rockwell will be of help as well.

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
Top 500 Contributor
Male
328 Posts
Points 5,650
Verified by american.swan

Actually, this sounds like a great idea. If we ask nicely, perhaps the LvMI could put up a page on Mises.org specifically devoted to this end, and certain Austrian scholars can opt-in to the list.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS