Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Chat suggestion

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 6,705
Libertas est Veritas Posted: Sun, Apr 13 2008 4:44 AM
Another suggestion: put the chat on an irc server. Web based chats are quite cumbersome to use for long periods and I suspect that as it is now, it will never reach enough users to become useful.
Drag not your strength from government, but from the voices they abuse.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 151
Points 2,240
nje5019 replied on Mon, Apr 14 2008 11:33 AM

that'd be nice... especially since lately, the chat room has been so unstable that it's frustrating to try and hold a conversation in it. People seem to get kicked out of it randomly a lot.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050
Nitroadict replied on Mon, Apr 14 2008 11:37 AM

I second a motion for an IRC chat, although I use soulseek far more, myself.  I suppose an unofficial mises room could be made there, since an offical one would a bit out of line  for fear of endorsing file sharing, but an IRC room would be fine too :).

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 151
Points 2,240
nje5019 replied on Fri, May 9 2008 1:43 AM

alright well seeing as how official chat seems to have officially bitten the dust, would anyone like to start hanging out in IRC somewhere? Let's get an unofficial Mises.org chatroom going!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 294
Points 6,705
I could. As long as someone points me to the right direction. I'm far too lazy to setup anything myself.
Drag not your strength from government, but from the voices they abuse.
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 151
Points 2,240
nje5019 replied on Mon, May 19 2008 1:08 AM

Alright, i'm going to start idling #miseschat on Undernet (irc://irc.undernet.org), let's see if this will draw any more people than the unstable live chat here on the website. Maybe tomorrow if i'm feeling adventurous i'll post a quick guide to using IRC for those who have no idea what it is.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS