Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Books, Audio, Video

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 22
Points 605
american.swan Posted: Wed, Nov 10 2010 1:32 AM

Mises has tons of materials offered for free online.  It's bloody fantastic.  I could kiss you.  BUT

downloading it is not very "user friendly".   I like having my computer play Mises Lectures all day, but going to each article or book or lecture and downloading them individually is a pain to be honest.  

Could it be possible to put all the media and the like into a few zip files we can download all at once?  Maybe use torrents?   Honestly, I never use torrents, but this seems like a good reason to try it out.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 345
Points 7,035
Jesse replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 2:25 AM

american.swan:

Could it be possible to put all the media and the like into a few zip files we can download all at once?  Maybe use torrents?   Honestly, I never use torrents, but this seems like a good reason to try it out.

Its been done, my friend.

I Samuel 8

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,940
Points 49,115
Conza88 replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 8:50 AM

Good to see you here American Swan. Do me a favor, bump that education quotes thread for me. wink

Check out Itunes as well... easily downloads and listening! (type Mises into itunes store)

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I'm not particularly fond of the media section layout.  It's not very intuitive to browse through, and silverlight makes me sad face.

I would like to see more media up on YouTube.  I use that constantly, because it is easy to embed YouTube on forums and blogs, making it fantastic for sharing LvMI productions with the world.

I don't use iTunes, but I imagine the LvMI presence there is awesome as well.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,940
Points 49,115
Conza88 replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 10:39 AM

"I don't use iTunes, but I imagine the LvMI presence there is awesome as well."

Pretty frustrating though.. I eventually found - after a long search and wait - the recent Supporters Summit audio... that had Rogers and other guys talks...

They are in recent uploads... Rogers, Higgs - Government's Response to the Crisis: A Fantastic Success, for Government, etc.

And the rest of them on Oct 9. But still no easy download on Itunes, or at least in its own folder.. under "Supporters Summits" !

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

have you looked at this:

http://media.mises.org/mp3/

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I got a sad face when the "Recent Uploads" section was change so that only a few media files showed, instead having a complete chronology of a media files.

Idea: Someone host all the media files a on separate server (or YouTube) and create a better user interface on new website.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Daniel Muffinburg:
Idea: Someone host all the media files a on separate server (or YouTube) and create a better user interface on new website.

That's not a bad idea, but there are costs to media hosting.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,940
Points 49,115
Conza88 replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 9:26 PM

If it's a good interface, I'd probably pay for the service.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS