Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

My comments disappeared from the Mises Blog

This post has 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student Posted: Sat, Dec 25 2010 8:49 AM

Made 3 comments to the Mises blog.  2 posted, one did not.  Return to the site 10 minutes later, the 2 published comments do not show.

My comments weren't offensive or spam.  In fact, they were quite short and generally positive.

What's up with that?

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

Try refreshing your cache.  My comments don't show up immediately either.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 12:07 PM

I am having same thing on Kinsella's blog. I post a comment and after page refresh'es, my comment is no longer there. Though, I noticed, that comments re-appear after few days, hehe.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 1:25 PM

I really don't know what happen. Must be a software fluke? I just don't know. I don't see any of your comments unposted.

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 2:26 PM

Sorry guys, only the inner circle can comment.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 2:30 PM

What are you talking about? That's complete rot.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 2:36 PM

I agree, Nielso? I assume you were joking or we're not understanding the context.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,687
Points 48,995

Like I said; the system isn't caching.  I don't know if that's the proper verb, and I don't really know how "the system" works, but I do know that it has to do with the cache.  After you comment, if your comment does not appear, press shift and reload the page.  Your comment should re-appear (everyone will be able to see it, because the cache is based on your own browser and computer).  I don't know where the disconnect is between Mises.org and our browsers, but that's the problem.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I see one of them posted now, the others may be as well.  Sorry about the alarm Jeffrey.  I never figured I was being censored in real time, let alone on Christmas Day.  I was concerned there was an issue with the blog platform or database.

Perhaps Jonathan is right about the caching.  It is a bit maddening making a comment, then refreshing the page and it is gone.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 5:41 PM

The joke was that I (as a non inner circle person) said to two people from the inner circle (an administrator and a regular writer) that "sorry, only inner circle". I was pretending that they were not inner circle enough and that some more inner circleness was going on; when it was obvious it was a technical issue.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 5:45 PM

Nielsio:
I was pretending that they were not inner circle enough and that some more inner circleness was going on.

We must go deeper!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 9:51 PM

oops! Sorry about that. I don't know what was wong with my outlook that I missed that. My apologies.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS