Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

On the news: Osama bin Laden is dead

rated by 0 users
This post has 121 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

Autolykos:

AaronBurr:
"shoot to disable" This is one of these strange terms we keep hearing from people who have clearly no police or Military background.There is no 'shoot to disable' it isn't viable

Your evidence/source(s) please?

This might not relate directly, but please don't ever fire a warning shot or "shoot to disable" if you have a gun and are in a dangerous encounter, it could be a huge mistake for two main reasons:

1. You might have a full magazine, but you aren't guaranteed that any of the bullets after the one you just fired will fire. Your gun could jam. Now when the criminal charges or raises a gun you are screwed.

2. The criminals adreneline from being shot will skyrocket, his perception of pain will shut down, and now you have an even bigger problem than when you started.

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Conspiracy nuts NPR and Associated Press ask to see the bin Laden death photos: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/05/npr-file-bin-laden-death-photo-foia/37553/.

Ha!

Conspiracy nuts: 7
Aaron Burr: -12

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS