Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

When Will It No Longer Be Neccessary to Have the Patriot Act and Homeland Security?

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Tue, May 3 2011 10:07 AM

limitgov ask the question, When Will It No Longer Be Neccessary to Have the Patriot Act and Homeland Security?

When is it no longer neccessary to have these temporary, emergency police state laws?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

We must elect Democrats! The PATRIOT Act and Homeland Security is all just the evil Republicans, once Obama is in office all that will go away and government will be transparent!

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 3,195

When were they ever necessary? Perhaps in the immediate wake of 9/11, though that's certainly doubtful.

That said, the PATRIOT Act, homeland security, the TSA etc. aren't going anywhere any time soon.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 3,195

Let me rephrase:

Necessary for what purpose?

For providing for the best protection of the citizens (and their freedom) of the United States? I'm not convinced they ever were.

Necessary for the expansion of power by the govt? They will never not be necessary for that purpose.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 16,185

i agree with emperornero on this... Obama 2012!

My Blog: http://www.anarchico.net/

Production is 'anarchistic' - Ludwig von Mises

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS