Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Post your "political past"?

rated by 0 users
This post has 83 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110

vive la insurrection:

I wonder if my personality may have been suceptible to anarchy due to my love for "anarchic" humor like The Marx Bros, Monty Python, Hard Days Night, Looney Tunes, screwball comedies, The Goons, Animaniacs, etc?

You win just for mentioning the Animaniacs.  When I have kids someday, that show is going to be mandatory for them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 653
Points 13,185

1.  Apathetic / anti-authority, punk-hipster musician whatever.

2.  Graduated college, had a lot of time on my hands and dedicated myself to anarcho-capitalism.

3.  Got a girlfriend, don't have much time on my hands, apathetic again.

they said we would have an unfair fun advantage

"enough about human rights. what about whale rights?" -moondog
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

Women have the tendency to bring a man with "high and lofty" ideas back down to earth. 

If Descates had a wife, a strong mother, close sister, etc and asked the question "How do I know I am?"  -  he would have gotten  slapped hard upside the head by her, and we probably wouldn't have half the nonsense we have today.

P.S.  As far as I know Animaniacs and Batman were the two highest forms of animanted art on television from the 90's. 

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, May 3 2012 10:54 AM

My girlfriend will simply tell me to shut up.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS