Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Alex Jones: the US government spies on everybody

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875
Freedom4Me73986 Posted: Sat, Dec 31 2011 12:30 AM

It's a good idea IMHO to permanently delete your facebook since it's known that the gov uses it to collect your info.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 70
Points 1,205

I guess it is a positive to have a counter balance like Alex Jones. He would proably be more effective if he was more subtle and didn't sound like the national enquirer. For this reason I think the majority will not take him seriously and his message will fall of deaf ears. This is unfortunate as his message is really about liberty and if he is right only half the time, then he is still doing a great service. I don't want to take out my knives, but this is the first time i've heard Alex Jones, so I couldn't help but laugh at a couple of these quotes. They proably are just be a slip of the tongue, but with his delievery and the big eye thing he does when he really gets into it, I thought it was really humorous.

"Don't talk to you, your crazy!"

"And then the army comes out on dune buggies!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

This is unfortunate as his message is really about liberty

Yes. He believes the same things us austrians do.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 10:31 AM

Please don't call yourself an Austrian in public until you review this statement of yours:

Check the CATO statistics. Nearly 90% of libertarians are white. Thats saying something.

From http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/27508/450895.aspx#450895

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 645
Points 9,865
James replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 8:34 PM

I don't actually care what the NSA thinks of me.  Mostly because I am fortunate enough to live somewhere civilised, where you only have to bribe the government goons and they'll leave you alone.  But I don't have Facebook, or anything like that either...  To be honest, I don't like the idea of the average Joe knowing that stuff about me, never mind the government.

Non bene pro toto libertas venditur auro
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS