Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Official NH Primary Result Thread®™

rated by 0 users
This post has 78 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff Posted: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:25 PM

M. Romney 38.0%
R. Paul 22.9%
J. Huntsman 16.1%
N. Gingrich 11.4%
R. Santorum 9.5%

As of 4:23 PM Pacific.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,105
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:07 PM

Just read this, "The Associated Press is reporting that Mitt Romney has won the New Hampshire Republican primary. Romney is the first Republican to win both the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary in a competitive race since Iowa took the leadoff role in 1976."

So is Freedom4Me going to leave the forum now?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Well, at least people are still voting for Bachmann and Cain.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:16 PM

CANDIDATE VOTES PERCENT   DELEGATES*

Mitt-romney_50
Mitt Romney
10,757 35.4%

Ron-paul_50
Ron Paul
7,396 24.3   

Jon-huntsman_50
Jon Huntsman
5,435 17.9   

Newt-gingrich_50
Newt Gingrich
3,183 10.5   

Rick-santorum_50
Rick Santorum
2,883 9.5   

@ 8:15

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:17 PM

My prediction is that in the time to come Romney will increase and Huntsman and Paul decrease. Romney up maybe 1% more, Paul down 1.3%, Huntsman down 0.5%

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 7:24 PM

F4M, Ron Paul isn't doing too hot next to Romney in your Manchester :P I think the reason may be that RP supporters like flare, while Romney people are more reserved and "moderate."

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Dr. Paul can still win. Notice how they haven't counted Keene yet. Keene is the haven of the liberty movement and I'm sure Dr. Paul will win there.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

F4M, Ron Paul isn't doing too hot next to Romney in your Manchester :P I think the reason may be that RP supporters like flare, while Romney people are more reserved and "moderate."

Or b/c Diebold is counting the votes.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:20 PM

I heavily doubt Keene will make the difference.  How many FSPers are actually living in New Hampshire right now again?

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Nearly 1000.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Can we campaign against Diebold? There's no way Dr. Paul only has 22%. Something is up.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:37 PM

That's life.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:55 PM

23% sounds about right.  I think people who cry "conspiracy theory!" every time Paul doesn't win forget that there is a large faction of Republicans who greatly dislike Ron Paul...

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:00 PM

True dat. On the bright side, RP got over 52,000 votes in NH. That means that over 52,000 people in NH support him!!!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

True dat. On the bright side, RP got over 52,000 votes in NH. That means that over 52,000 people in NH support him!!!!!!

That's enough for me. I stand by my assertion that NH is the free state.

In NH, every day is like this:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Dr. Paul did not "win" in NH but he did NOT lose.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:38 PM

Dr. Paul did not "win" in NH but he did NOT lose.

I don't want to hear any more of this "New Hampshire is libertarian heaven" crap from you. Ever. New Hampshire sucks.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Give me some legit reasons why it sucks.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 358
Points 8,245

Are there any states which Paul is likely to win?

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

Because it sucks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:50 PM

Clayton:
I don't want to hear any more of this "New Hampshire is libertarian heaven" crap from you. Ever. New Hampshire sucks.

You do realize the first thing you're going to hear back is "Diebold diebold blah blah blah".  I admit, with all the crap about NH's corrupt voting practices I figured Paul would be shoved down to third like in Iowa, but with 95% reporting, the results look pretty darn close to the polls, with Paul actually performing considerably better (essentially picking up the majority of the undecided points).

And as the sole person who accepted your challenge I'm going to second (or third or fourth) Clayton and other's sentiments and say "good riddence" to your NH propaganda, and good luck with all that not living in the woods you're going off to do.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:54 PM

Apparently NH sucks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:59 PM

Freedom4Me73986:
Give me some legit reasons why it sucks.

Pardon my french, but you have got to be fucking kidding me.  Just look through your post history.  For nearly every post you make talking about how great New Hampshire is, you post video or news evidence that it isn't...whether it's interviews of people getting chicken-s*** tickets for being 45 seconds over their parking meter, or news reports of people setting themselves on fire in protest of a corrupt bullcrap state court system, or Diebold voting machines, or shady ballot procedures...I could go on and on.

And again I don't even have to look most of this stuff up...all I have to do is go through your post history and nearly every piece of propaganda you post actually illustrates the exact opposite of everything you want to claim about New Hampshire.  (I thought you might actually wise up to that at some point, but evidently I gave way too much credit).

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter anymore.  You made a deal.  And now you're going to follow through.  This forum does not have to put up with your nonsense anymore.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:02 AM

Scrooge McDuck:
Are there any states which Paul is likely to win?

At this point it's too early to tell (as, each primary/caucus is largely affected by the outcome of the previous ones).  And winning primaries isn't exactly what's really important.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:02 AM

Apparently civilization sucks, and civilization is collectivist, and so is voting, so voting is a civilized act.  F4M, did you vote?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Apparently civilization sucks, and civilization is collectivist, and so is voting, so voting is a civilized act.  F4M, did you vote?

Yes I did vote. Why?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:13 AM

Freedom4Me73986:

Yes I did vote. Why?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:15 AM

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Why is it wrong? I want Dr. Paul to win. He can spread libertarian, anti-collectivist ideas and will do way better then Obamney.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

^Sorry, my post wasn't working F4M, you can see it now.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 12:52 AM

New Hampshire's awesome. Perhaps not any less statist in practice than other states, but it does have the FSP thing going, and the White Mountains which are really fun, and Portsmouth. Do you guys say NH sucks just because you wish to dismiss F4M or do you actually think so?

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 1:08 AM

@Jargon: Point is, it doesn't live up to the hype. It not only fails, it fails spectacularly. Hell, it's practically legal to smoke pot in California (fully legal if you know how to complain of the correct ailment to one of the correct doctors... but you didn't hear that from me). Good luck legalizing weed in NH any time within the next, I don't know, forever.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

@Jargon: Point is, it doesn't live up to the hype. It not only fails, it fails spectacularly. Hell, it's practically legal to smoke pot in California (fully legal if you know how to complain of the correct ailment to one of the correct doctors... but you didn't hear that from me). Good luck legalizing weed in NH any time within the next, I don't know, forever.

There's more to liberty then smoking pot. Since I've moved to NH I feel like I'm living in a different country. I can buy raw milk here any time. Raw milk raids don't happen in NH. I trade w/ gold and silver since there's plenty of people here to know that fiat is worthless paper and agree to accept real money in exchange. The number of liberty activists here is very large. A lot of them chose not to vote yesterday b/c they want to be consistent anti-statists and I respect them for that. Come up here and try this place out for yourself.

And OK look: I didn't pick NH. The FSP only picked NH after a careful amount of examination. If you take a look at the other states which were considered you'll see why. Vermont and Delaware were thrown out right away because theyre incredibly statist and full of statists. The other states they looked at were Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, N+S Dakota and Montana. But who wants to move out to those states esp. if your from the city? If the FSP's goal was to pick the state with the most libertairans they would have picked either Colorado or Alabama. That wasn't the point. The point was to pick the state they'd have the easiest time moving to and making more libertarian.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 1:32 AM

Freedom4Me73986:

I trade w/ gold and silver since there's plenty of people here to know that fiat is worthless paper and agree to accept real money in exchange.

Something is wrong in this statement.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Freedom4Me73986:
There's more to liberty then smoking pot. Since I've moved to NH I feel like I'm living in a different country. I can buy raw milk here any time.

You're really making this too easy.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:
There's more to liberty then smoking pot. Since I've moved to NH I feel like I'm living in a different country. I can buy raw milk here any time.

You're really making this too easy.

Well what? Re-read what I said.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jsorens/rpvotes.pdf

Ron Paul has some of the highest percentage of support in NH.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

a) 4 years ago.

b) It doesn't take much to have a significant percentage in a state that basically amounts to a metropolitan area, with roughly the same population spread over only a slightly bigger area.

b2) added to this, the fact that it's the first primary contest, meaning candidates (especially lessor-known ones) can afford to spend a lot of time and focus campaigning and trying to appeal to individual people.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Something is up.  The polls have been stuck at 95.3% for over an hour at least.  Obviously results were reported much faster before.  Even weirder is the only change in that whole time has been 3 votes to Romney to change his total from 95,666 to 95,669.

Page 1 of 2 (79 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS