Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

The End of Money

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 565
PhilipK Posted: Sat, Apr 14 2012 12:22 PM

I had posted this in the low content thread but I figured there is enough news about this topic lately to start a new thread. I came across this on a local(in Canada) news website but after looking further into the subject it seems to be become popular in Sweden as well.

PhilipK:

"The Mint is offering a prize of $50,000 in gold to the developer who comes up with the best technology to support its new digital currency, the MintChip."

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1159513--royal-canadian-mint-to-create-digital-currency

This is kind of funny, the Canadian Mint is looking to create something which sounds similar to BitCoin.

*EDIT: Its also kind of funny that they are paying the winner in gold instead of Canadian Dollars, or MintChips. They know anyone intelligent enough to come up with the solution knows enough about currency and programming to know fiat currency is a scam.*

The end of cash - National Post - April 10th, 2012

*EDIT: Another relatated story... CBC - From BitCoin to MintChip *

Also here is a link to the full CBC Episode on The End of Money
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, I hope we all understand that bitcoin and that mintchip are similar the way a statue of a man is similar to a living breathing man. One is dead from the get go [=bitcoin] because of Mises regression theorem, the other is, or will be, a legitimate fiat currency.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS