Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul's Legacy

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

Reviving this thread because of the Benton controversy. I am so glad I did not contribute to the Ron Paul campaign.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=fvwrel]

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:44 AM

Top 10 reasons to get your money back from Ron Paul Inc

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

It's like a telemundo drama. So many backstories are finally being blown open! 

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

GOP's Ron Paul purge

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Would it have been considered political suicide by the populists to be an abolitionist in 1776?

It was still political suicide for Henry Clay...

I thought this was the "RON PAUL LEGACY" thread...the Jefferson stuff just comes out of nowhere (pretends like he doesn't know exactly why...).

I am still having a tough time reading Ron Paul's actual perspective of all of this.  He has been so quiet and the people around him so blatant...

Benton, Tate, and Rand all kind of threw Ron under the bus for their own benefit while claiming to be drawing the "liberty" movement to a place where it would "be relevant", i.e. the GOP.  It is no wonder that Benton would think he has the moral high ground

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Not Ranked
Posts 62
Points 990

You are right sir, it IS the RP thread, so here is my .02

I sure hope the ideas espoused by RP are not forgotten by this time next year.
I sure hope I continue to see more and more friends embrace the idea of liberty, however I do hope they don't take a 'left' on money(as I have seen some friends do) but stay 'right' concerning economics by 'educating' themselves, however they can.

I've noticed the three kinds of responses from the Liberty message that has taken over my Facebook since 2011:

1. Right on!

2. You're racist!

3. Crickets because it's 'over my head'(as described by a few friends who have commented on seeing my posts by not responding to them directly).

I too would like to know RP's personal response...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Ron Paul For Texas Governor!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515

Only infowars can take something that isn't news and make a segment about it as if it were.  And they have really stepped up the professional image.  All they need to do is change their name so people do not read it and think, "What?"

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 9,445
CrazyCoot replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 4:35 AM

""I'm not so sure about that.  His senate run sputtered a bit, and I think on the national stage we could do better.  Peter can be smarmy and cynical sometimes, and often talks quickly and get agitated.  All fine for a commentator and financial analyst, but not great material for Presidential debates."

To be fair to Schiff he lost in Connecticut, so I wouldn't hold it against him.  Blandness and moderation rules here in terms of politics. 

Paul put ideas out in the public arena and convinced a lot of folks, myself included.

Page 2 of 2 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS