Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Minimum wage?! Great! That's a government salary; Principles of Economics in TV shows

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,612
Points 29,515
Aristophanes Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:08 PM

I found this and thought it was pretty funny.  Sunny has always had little gems of economic insights and some girl put them all together.

It is not quite the order I would have put them in.  And there are some that I wouldn't have included.  But, the best one is the Mac and Dennis capital theory from S05E03 - The Great Recession. 

"If we just reditribute these, then people just continue to drink for free.  How does this work?  The money keeps moving in a circle. How does this work?  I thought you knew; I was following you, the other night at dave and busters...  Oh, that night.  I blacked out that night."

"We've got no money and no inventory...that's still a business somehow."

Charlie: "You don't pay for health insurance....that's craaazzzyyy" - haha I love the way they deliver their satire.

"The Fed does not make predictions. It makes forecasts..." - Mustang19
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Yeah this was in Low Content a few months ago.  I was kind of surprised there wasn't more response.  I laughed out loud when I saw it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS