Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What Bitcoin is

This post has 407 Replies | 17 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
Dusty replied on Tue, May 7 2013 1:06 AM

SD, why are you so damn scared by Bitcoin?

I like it so much seeing how you have been slammed by history in these past years :-D

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

SD, why are you so damn scared by Bitcoin?

I like it so much seeing how you have been slammed by history in these past years :-D

When Pythagoras proved A squared plus B squared equals C squared, someone asked him why he is so scared of them being unequal.

Far be it from me to ruin your little pleasures, so don't search my site for "Ithaca Hour".

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

Bitcoin's commodity value is--virtually zero. So if its exchange value disappeared it'd be gone.

But Anenome, what about Malachi's argument that bitcoin is just what James Bond is looking for? Help me out here.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 915
"Fiat currencies are all backed. No, they really are: they will always buy one temporary relief from the thugs that issue it." ... ... And Bitcoin "is backed" by the little advantage of not having to pay those "reliefs to the thugs", in many circumstances, like taxes and inflation. That'd be worth some few tens of percent of everything which everyone creates with their labour, wouldn't it? How much is that? ... ... I tried to quote Blargg in post 223 here, but something technical failed.
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 269
Points 4,195

Smiling Dave, you can't even formulate the premises or the question in a coherent manner, so any resemblance of a "proof" has a long way to go.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Tue, May 7 2013 5:40 AM

Bitcoin's commodity value is--virtually zero.

in your opinion perhaps. regardless, this is a thymological proposition.

So if its exchange value disappeared it'd be gone.

no, people would use it as a commodity more often because it would be less expensive to use it as a commodity. the same thing would happen to gold.

Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 3,640
Blargg replied on Tue, May 7 2013 11:29 AM

I tried to quote Blargg in post 223 here, but something technical failed.

Haha, this forum software is made of fail.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 135

Bitcoins now able to purchase gift cards on-the-spot through Gyft, making retail purchases through bitcoin easier.

http://uptweet.com/viewStory?id=1253

Page 11 of 11 (408 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS