Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Veterans Day Survival Tips

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975
Michelangelo Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:52 PM

Veterans day is around the corner and we can be sure to hear about how they fought for our freedoms and general pro-state propaganda. Are there any tips anyone has on how to survive it? Besides shutting yourself in a closet that is. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:54 PM

how about a waterboarding setup where you have veterens pay you for the expirence, since it's not torture at all they ought to love to do it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Points 2,705

Honestly, where I live in New York City, you wouldn't even know it when it's Veterans Day other than the odd Canadian or Brit wearing a Remembrance Day pin. Maybe if you watch TV, but I don't. Being free of TV is quite liberating for this very reason. Anyway, I find Valentine's Day worse. :P

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 391
Points 6,975

And the facebook statuses are starting up..

I think the worst thus far are those from libertarians. "Even if you don't agree with the wars we should thank the troops."

I mean, should we thank politicians who genuinely believe they are doing good by increasing regulations? 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 985
Points 21,180
hashem replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:05 PM

Second the waterboarding ride. It'll be loads of fun and a genuinely on-topic way to thank our warriors. "All aboard the waterboard!"

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. —Mark Twain
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 117
Points 1,935
h.k. replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:15 PM

fountainhead:

Honestly, where I live in New York City, you wouldn't even know it when it's Veterans Day other than the odd Canadian or Brit wearing a Remembrance Day pin. Maybe if you watch TV, but I don't. Being free of TV is quite liberating for this very reason. Anyway, I find Valentine's Day worse. :P

Alright but I watch sports so it is indeed obnoxious. Also sometimes I have to watch the local news, since there are not too many libertarian alternatives for local stuff.

Valentine's day is mostly stupid but can be fun sometimes. :O

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS