Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Andrew Jackson and the Second Bank of the US

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Points 4,905
fegeldolfy posted on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:25 PM

Tomorrow for my history class I have to write an in-class essay on Andrew Jackson. I'm going to be focusing primarily on his role in ending the Second Bank of the US. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the Austrian view on this. 

Could anyone who's familiar with this era give me some basic facts that I can write down tonight to put in my essay? Or even just direct me to books that have information on it? 

Information about The First Bank of the US and the Fed are also welcomed.

thanks

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
421 Posts
Points 7,165

The History of Money and Banking in the United States by Murray Rothbard is available for free in PDF at this site. It covers this topic very well, as well as the First Bank and the FED.

The only one worth following is the one who leads... not the one who pulls; for it is not the direction that condemns the puller, it is the rope that he holds.

Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Points 4,905

Do you know what pages he specifically addresses Jackson on?

Top 75 Contributor
Male
1,018 Posts
Points 17,760

Find function is helpful in pdf files.

in other words, i dont know, but still able to help you.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Points 4,905

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS