Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Obama Makes Silly Face; Reminds Nation Why They Voted For Him

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165
Willy Truth Posted: Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:23 PM

WASHINGTON D.C.---The United States of America has collectively rejoiced after seeing a picture published by WhiteHouse.gov Friday featuring President Barack Obama making a silly face. Only ten days out from a highly divisive election campaign, the nation can finally unite once again and focus on moving forward thanks to the president's lovably classic hi-jinx.

The photo, featuring Obama and Olympic athlete McKayla Maroney making the universally hilarious "unimpressed" pose, with two White House staffers smiling warmly in the background, drew instant reactions from across the country, uplifting the spirits of voters from both sides of the aisle.

"I was worried for a while," said Cheryl Harris, an area Obama supporter, "[o]ver the last few months I had heard a lot of really upsetting stuff about the economy and foreign wars. I just didn't know how to feel about any of it. But now, thanks to President Obama and his equally goofy and affable cabinet, I can plainly see that we're all going to be OK. I mean, look how youthful and silly he is. Look at it and just try not to smile."

Voters across the nation had been tightly wound after the drudgery of another election year, and the candid-style photo now offers a welcome chance for citizens to get back to focusing on the positive.

"I mean the election cycle brought up some really unpleasant topics," Harris continued, "And while Obama may not have the best record for upholding civil liberties or not indiscriminately killing thousands of foreigners through unilaterally authorized attacks, in the end, is that what really defines a man?" 

"No one's perfect," Harris added.

The photo has received almost universal acclaim, but has drawn its sole criticism from a small faction that claim Obama should have released the photo weeks earlier for reassurance about the President's involvement in the Benghazi scandal in the days leading up to the election.

"This picture just offers some well-deserved escapism," said Professor of Psychology Henry Dressler of George Washington University. "[w]hen even the president can indulge in prankish antics, it's a powerful reminder that we all just need to chill out and not let the little things get to us, like signing a bill for indefinite detention or maintaining an executive kill list."

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney offered no comment on the success of the photo, but instead stuck his tongue out and made a playfully obscene gesture simulating cunnilingus. 

-AP

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:41 PM

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:48 PM

Source?

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,255
Points 80,815
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I think he's just doing an Onion style parody.

Freedom of markets is positively correlated with the degree of evolution in any society...

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:50 PM

I'm guessing 'The Onion'.

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. -H.L. Mencken
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165

MY IP, ALL MINE

But yes, thank you.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

the girl next to obama: 8/10.

thats y michelle was crying during the debates and dnc.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 443
Points 9,245

That's McKayla Maroney, not a White House staffer. She was on the U.S. Olympic Women's Gymnastics team.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:18 PM

An olympic gymnast? That might even beat Kennedy getting Marilyn Monroe.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,018
Points 17,760

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_pogo_party_of_germany

• Right to unemployment with full salary
  • Youth pension instead of retirement pension
  • Abolishment of compulsory education
  • Creation of centers for physical love, so-called Mitfickzentralen (literally "fuckpooling centers")
  • Abolition of police
  • Legalization of all drugs
  • Abolition of the right to demonstrate with prior announcement (abolition of distinction between permitted and not permitted)
  • Totale Rückverdummung ("total restupidification") and balkanisation of Germany
  • Reconstitute the German borders from 1237 (a satire on the aim of some German extreme-right parties to restore the German borders during the time of Nazism and WWII - or WWI)

Guess which one of the above is my fav. if that party gets any power.

“Since people are concerned that ‘X’ will not be provided, ‘X’ will naturally be provided by those who are concerned by its absence."
"The sweetest of minds can harbor the harshest of men.”

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.org

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:00 PM

Kelvin Silva:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_pogo_party_of_germany

• Right to unemployment with full salary
  • Youth pension instead of retirement pension

I'm seeing an incentive problem here. . .

Kelvin Silva:

Guess which one of the above is my fav. if that party gets any power.

My guess would be the Mitfickzentralen.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 443
Points 9,245

An olympic gymnast? That might even beat Kennedy getting Marilyn Monroe.

She's 16, so that might get a little weird.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 256
Points 5,630

I liked this line, but not sure whether Harris was being serious:

"And while Obama may not have the best record for upholding civil liberties or not indiscriminately killing thousands of foreigners through unilaterally authorized attacks, in the end, is that what really defines a man?"

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Points 6,740
Groucho replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:47 PM

Considering Willy made the whole thing up, I doubt it.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 256
Points 5,630

Ok, I feel like an idiot.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 305
Points 7,165

Haha, subtlety is the name of the game.