Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

MES Ch.12 vs Power and Market

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Points 4,905
fegeldolfy posted on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:33 PM

If I'm going to read Power and Market, do I need to read Ch.12 of Man,Economy,and State?

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,439 Posts
Points 44,650

It's a separate entity and does not require a reading of chapter 12. This is in large part because Power and Market was just supposed to be the last chapters of MES.

With this said I implore you to read MES before Power and Market. With an understanding of how Rothbard frames the free market you will have an infinitely easier time understanding P&M

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Points 4,905

I'm reading Man,Economy,and State right now. I just asked because I remember reading in Justin Raimondo's biography of Rothbard, An Enemy of the State:The Life of Murray N. Rothbard, that the publisher for Man,Economy,and State told Rothbard to cut out the final part (and apparently it was compressed into one chapter), which was later published as Power & Market.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS