Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

What is happening to silver?

rated by 0 users
This post has 51 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

Gold is $1415 down 4.25% so far this morning

Silver is $24 down 7.24% so far this monrning

Could be a conspriacy

"Inflation has been used to pay for all wars and empires as far back as ancient Rome… Inflationism and corporatism… prompt scapegoating: blaming foreigners, illegal immigrants, ethnic minorities, and too often freedom itself" End the Fed P.134Ron Paul
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

It has gone down even more. Space aliens must secretly be coming to earth and flooding the markets with gold and silver because I don't see other reasons why they should be going down this much

"Inflation has been used to pay for all wars and empires as far back as ancient Rome… Inflationism and corporatism… prompt scapegoating: blaming foreigners, illegal immigrants, ethnic minorities, and too often freedom itself" End the Fed P.134Ron Paul
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

<blink>$23.57!!!!!</blink>

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

This must mean we have an economic recovery. Thank goodness for Obama and Bernenke

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 256
Points 5,630

I wonder if the crash in metals is an ominous warning that a crash in stocks is coming. The Dow has been following a similar pattern to gold in the last 3-4 years.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

DanielMuff:

I am thinking of diving into it. Any thoughts?

Questions you might wish to consider:

1] Would you be "diving into it " with money you could afford to lose, or money you cannot afford to lose?

2]  Do you have a  clearly defined bail out point in mind? - that is, a a price that would be a certain percentage below your buy-in price [whatever that might be], and at which point you would "eat" your loss and get out? [ the best way to do this is to have an automatic "stop loss" which would kick in as soon as the agreed on floor was reached, set via a broker.]

regards, obf

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

"the best way to do this is to have an automatic "stop loss" which would kick in as soon as the agreed on floor was reached, set via a broker.]"

You should own physical silver

Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

What Jargon said:

Those interested in the metals market might be interested to hear about this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Maguire_(whistleblower)

I think it would be a mistake to presume that big banks can't throw their weight around in small markets, especially if they're acting in concert and employing trading algorithms.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

<blink>$22.09!!!!!!</blink>

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

gravyten577:

You should own physical silver

Of course. The question is: how much of the wealth you cannot afford to lose should be allocated to silver? 100%? 50%? 25%? 10%? 5%?

For example, if you put 100% of the wealth you cannot afford to lose into silver [or anything else for that matter], you would be speculating [i.e. placing a bet, gambling, with money you could not afford to lose], that a certain economic condition that benefited silver [or whatever else you had put 100% of your money into] _must_ occur in your lifetime. 

regards obf.

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 630
zg7666 replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:23 AM

"economic terrorism" (e.g., central banking practices) and "price propaganda" (e.g., manipulation of the Comex gold and silver spot price via paper precious metal trades). 

In India and in other countries outside of the immediate reach of Western Central bankers, it's very common to see lines outside of precious metals retailers, people queueing up for gold and silver purchases. 

The drop in gold and silver was caused by the Fed and the BOJ. Gold and silver continue to show fundamental, not speculative strength. Undiluted by the manipulations of central bankers, it's worth noting that Bitcoin continues to show strength as well

Not Ranked
Posts 101
Points 1,680

Good luck to anyone if they are looking for silver to buy. Might be hard to find

Page 2 of 2 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS