Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

New Friends

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy Posted: Fri, May 3 2013 8:36 PM

I have no idea what's happened over the past week, but we've obviously got a sudden influx in new members, which is pretty exciting since we've only gotten a handful of new people this year.

So welcome! You can use this thread to introduce yourselves, and I hope that we'll enjoy what you all have to contribute in the coming months.

Also, this thread might help you

Edit

Also something that I'm curious about, how did you guys find the forum? I'm just surprised that we've gotten so many new people so fast.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 98
Points 1,895

This happened.

I'm guessing everyone who "joined" in the last __ month(s) finally got their approval email.

Also, let's not forget this thread (mentioned earlier)...

http://mises.org/community/forums/t/28958.aspx

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
Points 20

I've been frequenting the Mises site since I gratuated college 2 years ago. I signed up for the forum 2 months ago. I only just received my confirmation e-mail a few days ago.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

I signed up for the forum 2 months ago. I only just received my confirmation e-mail a few days ago.

Long vetting process. They don't accept just anyone, you know.

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 45

Hello folks!

My name is Adam and I've been taking advantage of the wealth of resources available at mises.org for years now. I only recently decided to check out the forums and I have been pleasently surprised. I am a libertarian anarchist of the Rothbardian strain. I love to write about freedom and I think that is the most I can offer for the movement of advancing liberty. My only claim to fame is having written an article titled "Do You Hate the State" that was actually featured on LRC. We all need to find our roles in the movement and I am happy to have found mine. I look forward to talking with you guys.

I am also the Editor/Founder of the website www.theHumaneCondition.com and our facebook page is at facebook.com/thehumanecondition

We (at the humane condition) are always looking for more contributors that want a platform, so please if you are interested in contributing to the website let me know here or via email at thcondition@gmail.com

Thanks for the welcome!

Adam Alcorn

Do You Hate the State? by Adam Alcorn, aka Me. http://lewrockwell.com/orig14/alcorn1.1.1.html
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Great to have you, Adam.

Check out the Meta Thread for forum tips, as well as links to various threads of conversation that might interest you.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, May 10 2013 5:51 AM

Adam,

Have you read the Hans Hoppe paper which you quote via Block's quotation in you article on immigration?

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 45

No I haven't, just picked up on Block's quotation. Why?

Do You Hate the State? by Adam Alcorn, aka Me. http://lewrockwell.com/orig14/alcorn1.1.1.html
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 2
Points 10
SystemAdministrator
Drew replied on Fri, May 10 2013 9:34 AM

The old forum data that was being cleared out by David revealed the glitch that was causing email confirmation hang-ups and was subsequently fixed.  We apologize for this. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS