Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Hello From a "Post-Austrian", Anarcho-Capitalist,Taoist,911 "No- Planer".

This post has 338 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 1:19 AM | Locked

ladyattis:

Aside from being a skeptic on 911 and other complex conspiracies, I'm also a person that is willing to leave the problem of 911 alone for the simple fact that it has no bearing on the nature of the State. It's already true and obvious that the State is fundamentally corrupt, 911 being a true conspiracy or not will not validate or invalidate that truth. As such, arguing over 911 or other conspiracies are more for diversion/deflection of the real issue of apparent injustices being done everyday in the light of "law and order."

<rant>

Call me a dick for stating this, but does it really matter that the State added another 3000 people to its already hefty deathtoll? Why aren't you bitching about Waco? Why aren't you crying foul on the War on Drugs? Why aren't you calling out Obama for not prosecuting the Bush Administration for the unneeded deaths in Iraq (of civillians and American soldiers)? Why is 911 more special than these other events, which we have all the obvious facts to back up the willfully negligent manner of the State and its agents in?

Do you have some mental woody for the twin towers that you don't even get a gush of blood in your conspiratorial nether regions over in the other events done in the name of reinforcing the State? Sorry, I'm just completely baffled by the obssession over 911 and other vague conspiracies. Maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe I prefer to deal with the substatiated facts, either way I want to know if you (the original poster) are willing to see reason that 911 in the big picture of dealing with the State amounts to *nothing*? If not, then please don't bother replying to my posts as you're proven not to be part of the solution of expanding liberty for yourself or anyone else.

</rant>

"Dicks" ?, "woodies" ?, "gushes of blood to" "nether regions"?

My,my, a self -described "lady" , and a site moderator to boot, eh?

So how exactly do I   get your "nether regions" fully engorged, Ms Lady, and would I get to see pictures ?:-)

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,385
Curius Dentatus replied on Sun, May 31 2009 1:39 AM | Locked

This thread is leading towards ad hominems and petito principii. Where are the moderators? Specifically on the grotesque language? Even though I don't fully agree with this indivdual, lets stick to debating.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Sun, May 31 2009 1:45 AM | Locked

You just keep failing....

1. You cannot prove the video footage is geniune.

2. You cannot prove who you are.

3. You cannot prove anything.

"In the real world" we have determined you are not an expert on anything, let alone on planes crashing into buildings. "In the real world" physics are not like cartoons, let alone hollow aluminum aircraft contacting high-strength steel perimeter columns (yes they were on the outside walls). "In the real world" I went to college for architecture and you are an expert truther. "In the real world" I took real classes on Physics not online Truther school where you just declare anything you are ignorant of or do not understand "outside the laws of physics". Have fun in your real world of delusions.

"Anarchism misunderstands the real nature of man. It would be practicable only in a world of angels and saints" - Ludwig von Mises

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 1:56 AM | Locked

Curius Dentatus:

This thread is leading towards ad hominems and petito principii. Where are the moderators? Specifically on the grotesque language? Even though I don't fully agree with this indivdual, lets stick to debating.

"Where are the moderators?"  Of course you realize that my prior response was to a moderator, yes?

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 80
Points 1,385
Curius Dentatus replied on Sun, May 31 2009 2:06 AM | Locked

That's why I obviously responded. Someone is not doing a proper job. Specifically on self-restrain.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Sun, May 31 2009 2:42 AM | Locked

onebornfreedotblogspotdotcom:
"Where are the moderators?"  Of course you realize that my prior response was to a moderator, yes?

ladyattis is a man, and you've almost worn out your welcome here.  Think about that before you post again.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Sun, May 31 2009 2:44 AM | Locked

Poptech:

You just keep failing....

1. You cannot prove the video footage is geniune.

2. You cannot prove who you are.

3. You cannot prove anything.

I'm tired of his agenda, and I'm tired of the attempts to debunk it.  You guys can take it to PM because it has now run it's course here.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050
Nitroadict replied on Sun, May 31 2009 3:10 AM | Locked

ladyattis:

Aside from being a skeptic on 911 and other complex conspiracies, I'm also a person that is willing to leave the problem of 911 alone for the simple fact that it has no bearing on the nature of the State. It's already true and obvious that the State is fundamentally corrupt, 911 being a true conspiracy or not will not validate or invalidate that truth. As such, arguing over 911 or other conspiracies are more for diversion/deflection of the real issue of apparent injustices being done everyday in the light of "law and order."

<rant>

Call me a dick for stating this, but does it really matter that the State added another 3000 people to its already hefty deathtoll? Why aren't you bitching about Waco? Why aren't you crying foul on the War on Drugs? Why aren't you calling out Obama for not prosecuting the Bush Administration for the unneeded deaths in Iraq (of civillians and American soldiers)? Why is 911 more special than these other events, which we have all the obvious facts to back up the willfully negligent manner of the State and its agents in?

Do you have some mental woody for the twin towers that you don't even get a gush of blood in your conspiratorial nether regions over in the other events done in the name of reinforcing the State? Sorry, I'm just completely baffled by the obssession over 911 and other vague conspiracies. Maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe I prefer to deal with the substatiated facts, either way I want to know if you (the original poster) are willing to see reason that 911 in the big picture of dealing with the State amounts to *nothing*? If not, then please don't bother replying to my posts as you're proven not to be part of the solution of expanding liberty for yourself or anyone else.

</rant>

"Dicks" ?, "woodies" ?, "gushes of blood to" "nether regions"?

My,my, a self -described "lady" , and a site moderator to boot, eh?

So how exactly do I   get your "nether regions" fully engorged, Ms Lady, and would I get to see pictures ?:-)

Confused

Your conduct is cobblers.  Would it kill you to be more civil, if you are going to troll?

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 4:02 AM | Locked

liberty student:

ladyattis is a man, and you've almost worn out your welcome here.  Think about that before you post again.

Have you read the post I responded to?  Why are you threatening me- because you don't like what i believe, or you don't like the way I say it? Read my posts and tell me where I have offended/used verbal insults- its all been in the other direction, [including from one moderator, early on in the thread] I think you will find.  I stand by everything I have written here.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 4:10 AM | Locked

NA: "Your conduct is cobblers.  Would it kill you to be more civil, if you are going to troll?"

It concerns me that you are a moderator and yet you do not appear to have actually read the post I  responded to by another moderator [ladyattis], using the exact same words of that particular moderator.  What gives?

And pray tell , if I used the term "cobblers" to describe someone/anyone  elses conduct here- how would you judge that?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050
Nitroadict replied on Sun, May 31 2009 4:15 AM | Locked

NA: "Your conduct is cobblers.  Would it kill you to be more civil, if you are going to troll?"

It concerns me that you are a moderator and yet you do not appear to have actually read the post I  responded to by another moderator [ladyattis], using the exact same words of that particular moderator.  What gives?

I didn't say anything about moderating you (which is what you are implying).  I can't express disgust at crude exchanges in a forum? :\

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050
Nitroadict replied on Sun, May 31 2009 4:24 AM | Locked

And pray tell , if I used the term "cobblers" to describe someone/anyone  elses conduct here- how would you judge that?

The same way anyone judges things on subjective preferences regarding conduct in a forum.  I guess it's true that every topic is a "serious" topic  :\

Just to be sure I wasn't vauge, I was just expressing disapproval at ad-homs.  That's it. 

Enjoy promoting your blog & the thread, I won't bother it again :)

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 4:44 AM | Locked

Nitroadict:

I didn't say anything about moderating you (which is what you are implying).  I can't express disgust at crude exchanges in a forum? :\

To take your last question first: it appears to hinge on what you believe , if your beliefs are considered to be counterproductive to the general groupthink here, it appears that you cannot express disgust as freely as you can if you are a part of the groupthink. So as a member of the groupthink _you_ can express your disgust a lot more freely than myself, and because you are a moderator, doubly so.

All I have to do is regurgitate the exact words of another poster [a moderator , no less] and because it appears that certain people here are just looking for excuses to censor or ban me - other moderators take it on themselves to consider deletion/locking the thread  or whatever because they are "tired" of it.

And instead of censoring/ banning the persons who come to this thread and post almost nothing but epithets, ad hominems etc. [including moderators] and refuse to debate the primary issue, [i.e they are using standard message board tactics], it is somehow _my_ fault and I somehow have to pay for their repeated bad behavior.

As to first point, you misunderstood - I was not attempting to imply that you personally were going to moderate my posts. I was saying that  I assumed moderators as a rule read what a person responds to before making a judgement , but  that I'm  now starting to doubt the truth of that assumption, based on the last 3 or 4 moderator responses in this thread.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 768
Points 12,035
ladyattis replied on Sun, May 31 2009 7:52 AM | Locked

OP: you missed my point entirely by your hyperfocus on colorful language. My point is that you are more interested in 911 than in real planning and implementation of personal and common liberty. I am accusing you of armchairing for liberty (Talking the talk, but not much of any walking for the walk required...). And I'm sick and tired of it. So do us all a favor, agree to disagree on 911 and *talk about something more topical/pertinent*. Please.

"The power of liberty going forward is in decentralization.  Not in leaders, but in decentralized activism.  In a market process." -- liberty student

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 754
Points 11,800
Harry Felker replied on Sun, May 31 2009 10:01 AM | Locked

In your first post to this thread you used the word "planes" plural ["There were defintiely planes that hit those towers..."] ,implying you saw both events- yet already we are down to one plane, correct?

Let me try to relay this to you again, I saw the first plane out of the corner of my eye, not assuming that planes crash in buildings, I was not really paying attention, my boss got my attention on it just as it collided, and there was a fireball....

So no, I saw the first one hit...

As for where I was...

About a linear mile away on the other side of the east river, in a co-op in the upper teen floors, where were you?  Did you see this first hand?

The fact of the matter is I am use to this kind of questioning, it usually comes from police looking to make a suspect slip up, it does not work on me....

Like I said, I do not care if you believe me, the facts are what I saw, with my own two eyes, looking into reality, not a screen...

It sounds like the ocean, smells like fresh mountain air, and tastes like the union of peanut butter and chocolate. ~Liberty Student

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315
onebornfree replied on Sun, May 31 2009 11:02 AM | Locked

ladyattis:

OP: you missed my point entirely by your hyperfocus on colorful language. My point is that you are more interested in 911 than in real planning and implementation of personal and common liberty. I am accusing you of armchairing for liberty (Talking the talk, but not much of any walking for the walk required...). And I'm sick and tired of it. So do us all a favor, agree to disagree on 911 and *talk about something more topical/pertinent*. Please.

"OP" ? I assume you mean me. You presume to speak for everyone here?["So do us all a favor,"] . Interesting.

You don't appear to "get it"- I only respond to other peoples questions/observations- if they bring up 911 issues I tell them what I think. If they don't , i don't bring it up [have not so far].

For example, as far as I recall, after a brief [unfinished] discussion about Gary North on 05/22 the latest "round" on 911 here [which is what you are currently witnessing]  happened after several weeks of relative thread inactivity and was prompted by one person who called me "an idiot" just for the hell of it, and then another who made a comment about  the relevance of 911 and conspiracies- I replied with my thoughts and away we went![all the way up to today].

If that bugs you, so be it- perhaps you need to get out more?.

Nevertheless if you re -read my original reply to you , you will see that  despite the colorful language in your honor, I did in fact offer to talk with  you here about something else - be my guest.

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 535
sapSUCKER replied on Sun, May 31 2009 11:18 AM | Locked

OP = original poster.

When do we start discussing the evidence which proves George Bush is one of the lizard people from Planet 22C of the Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy?  Or do you deny this?

"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." -H.L. Mencken

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,914
Points 70,630
wilderness replied on Sun, May 31 2009 11:23 AM | Locked

sapSUCKER:

OP = original poster.

When do we start discussing the evidence which proves George Bush is one of the lizard people from Planet 22C of the Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy?  Or do you deny this?

I think this thread has become a smear campaign.

"Do not put out the fire of the spirit." 1The 5:19
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Sun, May 31 2009 11:55 AM | Locked

if your beliefs are considered to be counterproductive to the general groupthink here, it appears that you cannot express disgust as freely as you can if you are a part of the groupthink.

Your beliefs are not the issue.  They never were.

Your attitude towards other posters, coupled with your disdain for LvMI, LRC and people here is a bit much to take.  You have barely if at all participated except for these discussions within your narrow agenda, and it's become counter-productive.

it appears that certain people here are just looking for excuses to censor or ban me

No, we usually just talk about it privately and ban someone.  We don't need to make excuses.  You're being given a lot of rope to clean up your interaction with others.  Please do so.

other moderators take it on themselves to consider deletion/locking the thread  or whatever because they are "tired" of it

Not because we are tired of "it".  The truther persecution guilt trip doesn't work, because in many ways I support some of what you are saying.  Others may even partially agree with you.  It seems you are either being dishonest or you haven't even been reading the responses to this thread.

Regardless, thread closed.  I think we've crossed the point of anything productive coming out of it.

• | Post Points: 30
Page 9 of 9 (339 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS