Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

My absolute evisceration of Obama...

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 144
Points 4,455
McDuffie Posted: Mon, May 4 2009 9:01 AM

I hope someone here finds this interesting. I was on a forum that, according to their own research, is 85% partisan Democrat. I was considering writing an article about Obama that was to show how Obama's presidency is the third term of Bush. I posted the question on the above mentioned forum: If you voted for Obama, has he disappointed you?

The resounding response was "no!". One gal said that she is pleased with Obama, and that any article she has read critical of him was completely devoid of factual content.

So, I crafted my article, which turned into a three (and maybe four) part series. I posted links to these articles on this forum, mentioning the gal's 'devoid of facts' comment. Here is the link to part 1 of the series - Barack Obama: The Mendacity of Hope, Pt 1. Part 1 links to part 2, and part 2 links to part 3.

Naturally, there were no comments from any forum member critical of any single point made in any of these three articles.

Read my Nolan Chart column "Me & My Big Mouth"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 106
Points 2,090

For some reason, the link to part two did not work.  Perhaps you could supply the links in this thread directly?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 144
Points 4,455

Thanks. I fixed the link, but here are direct links:

Part 2: Foreign Policy

Part 3: Civil Liberties

Read my Nolan Chart column "Me & My Big Mouth"

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 240
Jordan replied on Tue, May 5 2009 4:00 PM

Nice title, I named a paper I recently did The Mendacity of Hope (I googled it and found out a lot of people had used it before, so I didn't feel bad about stealing it). Good resource to show liberals what they don't want to see though. Good job.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS