Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

16th amendment

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 11 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 65
Points 1,340

Yes, but they do not have to be - it is not mandatory. When a business or an individual gets a TIN what they are saying is that their status is prospective of being a taxpayer. When the the individual signs those forms (W-4 and W-9) they are saying that they are a taxpayer. They did this voluntarily.

Go read the IRC Particularly Subtitles A, C, and F (Chapter 79 - Definitions). You will see that those terms that I highlighted have restrictive and legal definitions relevant only to the IRC. They do not and can not have the ordinary usage when defined according to Rules of Construction.   

“The income tax is based upon voluntary compliance, not constraint.” United States Supreme Court, Flora v. U.S. 362 145.

The revenue laws are a code or system in regulation of tax assessment and collection. They relate to taxpayers, and not to nontaxpayers. The latter are without their scope. No procedure is prescribed for nontaxpayers, and no attempt is made to annul any of their rights and remedies in due course of law. With them [nontaxpayers] Congress does not assume to deal, and they are neither of the subject of nor the object of the revenue laws" [Emphasis added]. Economy Plumbing and Heating Co. v. United States, 470 F. 2d 585 (1972)

The term taxpayer means any person subject to any internal revenue tax [26 USC Sect. 7701 (a) (14)]

“Let me point this out now. Your income tax is 100 percent voluntary tax, and your liquor tax is 100 percent enforced tax. Now the situation is different as day and night. Consequently, your same rules will not apply.” Testimony of Dwight E. Avis, Head of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division of the Bureau of Internal Revenue, before the House Ways and means Committee on Restructuring the IRS (83rd Congress, 1953).

Let me ask you who are the nontaxpayers if everyone who is born and/or works in the U.S must pay taxes? And how is it voluntary?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

scineram:

Most americans are employed by an employer, and therefore an employee, earning wages under Unired States jurisdiction.

Only if they use social security.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 5
Points 40
I am not aware of any business that would hire you "on the books" without first providing your social security number. They will need it to support a deduction against their profits for hiring you. Ever try to get a bank account without a social security number? Ever try to set up business banking without a EIN? The American has only one choice in my estimation - and I took it! I voted with my feet: Obtained a 2nd citizenship! According to the CBO and IMF last year, the current US Federal Debt obligation is at least 204 Trillion (which can never be paid in a zillion billion years). It is only a matter of time before the entire planet dumps the contamination which is the worthless US Federal Reserve Note. When they do, the States too will follow suit by seceding from the Union (as they have the legal authority to do so now that we have things like Indefinite Incarceration for Pre-crime, etc.).
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

The 16th Amendment, like the U.S. Federal Constitution it's part of, is illegal because it wasn't ratified by all of the Original 13 Colonies.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
indio007 replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:52 PM

Don't want to be liable for income tax? Well don't have income, indorse your bills and make them liabilities.

No one will ever come to redeem them for lawful money.

No one ever does anymore.

Everyone thinks the paper is the money.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS