Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Any Interest in A Separate History Forum?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 135
bszoka Posted: Thu, Dec 27 2007 9:17 PM

I see that a lot of these threads are about history.  Wouldn't it make sense to have a separate forum?

Who's interested?

-- Berin M. Szoka www.LinkedIn.com/in/BerinSzoka
  • Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Fri, Dec 28 2007 8:21 AM

sounds good!

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 814
Points 14,875

It depends how much traffic we get. On the old Austrian Economics forum we culled many of the sections because it just made the interface too complex and we didn't have enough traffic to justify all the sections. Unless we get as big as the Outpost gallifrey Doctor who forum I suggest we stay as we are. 

The atoms tell the atoms so, for I never was or will but atoms forevermore be.

Yours sincerely,

Physiocrat

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 3
Points 135
bszoka replied on Fri, Dec 28 2007 9:33 AM

I agree with the general concern, but breaking out history from economics, policy and "general" seems to make a certain amount of sense. 

-- Berin M. Szoka www.LinkedIn.com/in/BerinSzoka
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd replied on Fri, Dec 28 2007 12:36 PM

What about a 'self-organizing' forum? Maybe you could have 2 views. One would be the way it is now and the other would be experimentation in anarchy. Come on man, be a renegade!

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 88
Points 1,705
Kent C replied on Sat, Dec 29 2007 2:18 PM

Breaking Topics down by subject might be helpful too.  The post I made on "Immigrant Hate" is now nine pages deep.  Might merit its own forum. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,060

But history is usually brought up in support of certain economic or political argument, so wouldnt' there be a lot of confusion over which section a post belonged in?  I don't see too many people bringing up history purely for the sake of history itself.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator

IMO, the politics forum should deal with philosophy and history as well, whereas the economics forum should be devoted to praxeology in all its forms, which currently means economics for the most part.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS