Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Limits of response to aggression

    I am discussing with some hard-core proprietarians on the Polish Libertarian’s Forum . Currently our discussions revolve around Rothbard’s idea of proportional response to initiated aggression against victim’s property (let’s say a land). They claim that a victim, when his property...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maciej Miasik on Mon, May 16 2011
  • A government as the only landlord

    Let me be a devil's advocate for a moment: Suppose we see a government of a territory as the only (allodial) owner of all the lands of this territory (and all the other private and corporate "owners" as what they are - tenants). Given this assumption, what is the difference between the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Andris Birkmanis on Thu, Jun 24 2010
  • Are you pro-death or anti-choice?

    I frequently encounter the assumption that libertarians, being broadly opposed to government involvment in most everything, must support abortion "rights." Just as frequently, I am appalled by it. The "right" to terminate a fetus implies that the fetus is the property of the mother...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Aquila on Fri, Feb 19 2010
  • A voluntaryist challenge to voting?

    I've been thinking about voting recently since there was that voting thread and have been assessing the arguments against voting.I've been thinking ,is there really a moral argument against voting? Is voting really an aggressive act? my inclination on re-thinking it is no though voting does endorse...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Wed, Feb 17 2010
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)