Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Northern populations are more intelligent because living conditions are harsher ?

    "http://mises.org/media/1277 This is the 'Ideology, Religion, Biology, Environment' lecture or more like the 'Relgion' lecture since he only finished discussing religion after more than an hour. But it was very impressive. So here's why Europe developed faster than the rest of...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kenneth on Sun, May 9 2010
  • Re: Shooting the bubblegum thief: Defending the shopkeeper

    [quote user="wilderness"] Charles, Whether or not its a consequence or punishment it is still the action after the event handled by a person. I don't see the hang-up in why one word is better than the next. [/quote] I point out the subtle difference in the language because there is no scientific...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, Jun 11 2009
  • A dilemma for Christian anarchists

    I'm a Christian and currently a minarchist, but I suspect I may be an anarchist soon once I continue to follow my beliefs to their logical conclusion. I believe taxation by the state is theft because those who pay have not given their consent and have no choice whether or not to pay. However, I came...
    Posted to History (Forum) by jdcoffey on Thu, Apr 30 2009
  • An Open Letter To Pastor Rick Warren On the Non-Aggression Principle

    So I saw that stupid "Faith and Politics" forum with Barack O'Cain and Rev. Rick Warren, a man I respect far more than either one. However, I think Rick is too pro-statist (even though I heard tales that he was a Mises.org fan, although I wonder if that really was him or somebody posing...
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThePostmaster on Sat, Aug 16 2008
  • Re: Fear and Losing Control

    The full sentence was: Just because that one is favoring the idea of liberty, doesn't mean that we have to embrace every single bomb planter that opposes government, now does it? It's seems that your whole reason for not acknowledging the positive role christianity played in Western history boils...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Jul 21 2008
  • Re: How does the free market promote social progress?

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]But let me try to break it down to the fundamentals: it is a morality that denies life, devalues this world and demonizes humanity and self-interest. Perhaps the greatest twist of irony is that, in practise, Judeo-christian morality is nihilism.[/quote] What gives...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Jul 14 2008
  • The Balkans

    What does everyone think about the newly formed government in Kosovo declaring it's self independent of Serbia? I've heard that Kosovo used to be populated by Serbians but the Albanians/Muslims (with NATO's help) expelled 2/3rds of the Serbians in the region. Is that true? I don't know...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BWF89 on Fri, Feb 22 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    When I first read it, I thought this is going to be reconciling christianity (teachings of the bible) with anarchy (absence of government). It is usually assumed that christians have to subscribe to some kind of government (Romans 13).
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Thu, Oct 4 2007
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2