  • What are the pros and cons of credit unions?

    In a recent debate with a mutualist, we've been discussing credit unions and interest rates as "theft" in general. He believes that charging interest on loans is theft, except for simple transaction costs. In his mind, credit unions can then push down interst charged on loans dramatically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The One Freeman on Sun, Nov 25 2012
  • Credit Unions Safe and/or Legitmate?

    Are Credit Unions safer or more risky places to put fiat cash than Banks? I look around and see investment banks like Lehman Bros. crashing down, and savings and loan institutions like Washington Mutual, but I don't know about credit unions. One part of me says that credit unions are safer because...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Joshua Gardner on Wed, Oct 1 2008
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)