Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: THE ECONOMIC FUTURE OF THE USA

    Dear bbnet: You have got it right! The US government is selling freshly printed paper US bonds that is being exchanged for our seed corn, instead of gold! Real wealth and real monetary value is created and/or acquired ONLY when the members of a family (or a nation, tribe, city-state, etc.) plant, grow...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Wed, Mar 10 2010
  • Centralized Action

    Hey guys, I've been reading on Mises for a while now and I agree with a lot of the principles that the Austrian School expounds. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a site or organization that is dedicated to creating a centralized community of people fed up with the inefficiency and pocket-lining...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Mon, Feb 22 2010
  • Re: Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign

    Dear Peter: There is nothing more saddening or devastating than mass unemployment such as existed in countries such as Mexico or Asia in the last century. I have visited Asia several times on Business in the last part of the 20th century. Crime, family abandonment, divorce, selling your own 12 year old...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Tue, Feb 16 2010
  • Re: Iran can't even BUILD nuclear weapons.

    China is stepping up research of particle accelerator on its own, according to reports from the ongoing 2nd Asia Accelerator Conference. It is said that the Institute of High Energy Physics under the Chinese Academy of Sciences is making an active effort in design and research of positive-negative electron...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • Manufacturing vs. Service Based Economy

    I keep hearing that America needs to produce more" stuff" instead of providing services. Could someone please provide a brief explanation as to why a robust manufacturing sector is important to the overall health of an economy? To put it another way, why would a service based economy be worse...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dsmith on Thu, Feb 4 2010
  • The Next Downturn

    When do you guys believe there will be another economic downturn and how severe it will be? How can Austrians predict this? and has what been the roll of gov "stimulus" to the economy? thanks~
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fancyshirtman on Thu, Jan 28 2010
  • Import/tonnage duties during the early Constitutional period (1788-1800 CE)

    I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the duties on imports and tonnage which the Union imposed in the summer of 1789 as a result of the first session of Congress, or if anyone has any general knowledge about import/tonnage duties. Specifically, I would like answers to the following questions...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Egon on Mon, Jan 25 2010
  • Pre-Central Planning Economic History of Russia/China?

    I'm not familiar with this topic at all. I have some familiarity with Soviet economics and such, but predating that I'm not very knowledgeable. I'm curious because I'm debating someone about the merits and benefits of a free market economy as opposed to a centrally planned economy who...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Cabal on Mon, Dec 14 2009
  • 3Q GDP 2009 for the U.S. economy up: +3.5%, really?‏

    Government says GDP grew 3.5% in third quarter, ending a year-long string of declines and coming in better than forecasts. Is this credible? Per U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Economic Analysis . GDP covers the goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States. As...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Mon, Nov 9 2009
  • My own personal take on the economy as a "poor person" in America.

    As most here well know that I'm a college student (senior year), so for me finding work has been hard, even in the best of economic times (as college students are perceived as flight risks from jobs, and this is generally proven to be true statistically). Last year, I had enough of a job in which...
    Posted to General (Forum) by ladyattis on Thu, Jul 2 2009
Page 3 of 6 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »