Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Did the Fed go too far?

    No, i do not think the Fed went too far with the 1 point rate cut. The housing market will have a huge effect on the overall economy, and this cut will ease the problem. What WOULD be going too far are the various legislative schemes being considered that would bailout the ill-advised lenders and investors...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mattenglish on Thu, Sep 27 2007
  • Did the Fed go too far?

    I happened to browse over to CNNMoney.com tonight and to my surprise found a few articles criticizing the Fed. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly the kind of negative press I would like to see them get. "Still, others think that the rate cut sets a dangerous precedent for Fed chair Ben Bernanke...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by joecochran on Thu, Sep 27 2007
  • Inflation premiums in the interest rate

    An expectation of long term inflation would seem to be factored into (loan) interest rates. Rothbard makes this point in "Making Economic Sense", ch. 8: http://www.mises.org/econsense/ch8.asp, in particular: As prices rise, and as people begin to anticipate further price increases, an inflation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rjljr2 on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • The Myths surrounding the phenomenon of inflation...

    Hey everyone, figured I'd contibute a little something to the forum here with my first post... I was just wondering as to what every one else thinks about the fallacious reasons typically given for inflation and why it is that everyone buys into those concepts rather than accepting the logically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by csullivan on Tue, Sep 25 2007
Page 15 of 15 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15