Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Corporations - constructs of the state?

    I was having a discussion with a liberal friend of mine the other day, and I was speaking about the efficiencies of the free market versus the state. I interchangeably used the terms companies, businesses and corporations. He felt that corporations were often very inefficient. But, he made it clear that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Patrick on Fri, Mar 12 2010
  • Corporate Ownership & Libertarianism

    Is stock ownership (i.e., equity shares) compatible with free market libertarianism? For background, see " Entrepreneurs, the Firm, and the Knowledge Problem ". I'm working on some broader ideas of organization, economy, etc., and I'm interested in arguments in support of, and objecting...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David Z on Thu, Nov 13 2008
  • How would the stock market work without the state?

    Since the only stocks that are traded on the stock market are those of corporations and under anarcho-capitalism a corporation would not exist how would a stock market work under those circumstances? Would there or could there even be a stock market?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BWF89 on Sun, Mar 30 2008
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)