Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • How would the stock market work without the state?

    Since the only stocks that are traded on the stock market are those of corporations and under anarcho-capitalism a corporation would not exist how would a stock market work under those circumstances? Would there or could there even be a stock market?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BWF89 on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Re: Autodidact: The Unnecessary Leper

    I'm not certain that I am entering into this intercourse properly, but here goes: Just joined the Forum. Have considered myself to be libertarian for years. I'm impressed at the level of knowledge that I see here. But, I fear that anything that I might post will be summarily dismissed because...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stan on Mon, Feb 4 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    I would have to argue that for millenia, there were no minimum wage restrictions placed on the price of labor and yet, the price of labor fluctuated according to supply and demand freely. This is evident through the numerous examples provided by Adam Smith in his "Wealth of Nations," among...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kman on Mon, Jan 28 2008
  • Re: The Market for Liberty

    [quote user="Brett_McS"] I don't disagree with the concept, just the choice of the word, for "anarchy" also mean "chaos" ("Political disorder and confusion" , "confusion; chaos; disorder"). It is unfortunate. [/quote] In reply, I quote from an article...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Dennis Lee Wilson on Tue, Jan 15 2008
  • But...But...But Who Will Build All The Roads?

    I've been trying to convince a particularly bright friend of mine of the benefits of market rule in all areas, including roads and defense. Unfortunately, he seems to be hung up on the question of roads. He agrees that a system of private roads "could work" but says it couldn't be as...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Taylor on Sun, Dec 23 2007
  • Re: Thriving? .....

    [quote user="gethky"] My issue is also with Austrian scholars who apparently base their opinions on free-market rhetoric rather than the government statistics so loved by certain economists, or even the present-day facts that I try to base my non-expert opinions on.[/quote]...What is an Austrian...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Oct 12 2007
Page 6 of 6 (56 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6