Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Currency Manipulation: China's Greed & India's Need

    A lot has been said recently about the manner in which China manipulates it's currency, the Yuan. But China wants to hear none of it. In his annual press conference, Mr. Wen Jiabao, China's Prime Minister said that he was "a staunch supporter of free trade" and denied that the Yuan...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Rajiv Shastri on Thu, Apr 1 2010
  • Best Economics University?

    I am a post professional with a degree in aeronautics and am now at a crossroads in my life after finishing ten years in the military. I would like to get a second degree in economics but am unsure which universities are best suited to the task. My previous experiences with economics classes were less...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jon T. on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Corporations - constructs of the state?

    I was having a discussion with a liberal friend of mine the other day, and I was speaking about the efficiencies of the free market versus the state. I interchangeably used the terms companies, businesses and corporations. He felt that corporations were often very inefficient. But, he made it clear that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Patrick on Fri, Mar 12 2010
  • environment - clean air how the free market would function and governments shortcomings

    Recently I wrote to Walter Block, below is my letter to him and below that is his reply. Walter Hello, how are you? I was hoping you could help me. Ive been in a series of discussions with local Obama watermelon environmentalist. what began as small talk has exploded into a lively debate, with me gaining...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Shane Cunningham on Sat, Feb 27 2010
  • Canada-A veiw from the other side (Competition in telecoms of CanadaIs; is it really there)

    I have been thinking of this article, in which I read recently. In its entirety I believe the author answers his own questions, in regards to barring entry to the market but does try to avoid that it is regulation in the one aspect where when regulation was repealed to let smaller competitors compete...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sanchez on Mon, Feb 22 2010
  • Re: response to Krugman?

    Real wealth and real monetary value is created and/or acquired ONLY when the members of a family (or a nation, tribe, city-state, etc.) plant, grow and/or harvest something of commercial value from the earth, extract something of commercial value from the earth, provide professional services (medical...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • Malawi Vs. The World Bank

    http://www.bicusa.org/EN/Article.3601.aspx I am in an anthropology class this semester and we are all required to read and present our opinions on an article from the book Conformity and Conflict: Readings in Cultural Anthropology . Knowing that I am interested in Economics, my instructor assigned me...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent L. Anderson on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Why is it called "free market" and not "free economy"

    Just wandering. Is is a synonym?? Second question: i was wandering are there any synonyms for "free market
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by peachmat on Wed, Jan 20 2010
  • Throwdown in class

    I am currently taking a class entitled "Politics of the Global Economy," and today we had a class discussion of the ethics/morality/solutions to sweatshops in undeveloped countries. Thus far in my life, I have only ever added menial tidbits to such discussions, but today I jumped in with my...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Jeff on Mon, Jan 18 2010
  • Cigarette smuggling and the cost of a bottle of vodka.

    Say you buy 10,000 cartons in the USVI, and pay the sales tax on them, at the price of $2.50 a pack and then ship them to New York City where you sell them for 7.50 a pack; thereby offering a lower price to the consumer and earning a profit. Doesn't trying to prevent this constitute a form of protectionism...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Fri, Jan 8 2010
Page 5 of 11 (105 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »