  • Re: Explaining Health Care to a Friend

    Tues. 12/06/26 19:44 EDT . post #185 [quote user="Phi est aureum"] I have another request. I'm having trouble finding the most recent data on healthcare spending (total amount, as percentage of GDP, percentage paid by federal and state governments, etc.)[/quote]This isn't exactly what...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MMMark on Tue, Jun 26 2012
  • government spending as a percentage of GDP?

    I have a question. spending as a percentage of GDP is used by politicians to described the amount of GDP CONSUMED by the government. However, If C+I+G=Y in the keynesian model they seem to love, , then is it not a logical fallacy to say talk about spending levels in terms of G/(C+I+G) because you are...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by swalsh81 on Thu, May 31 2012
  • Resource for understanding calculation of economic indicators

    Does anyone know of a good source that explains exactly how popular economic indicators are calculated? I'm thinking of GDP, CPI, PPI, Imports, Exports, Trade Surpluses/Deficits, Jobless Claims, Unemployment, ISM Manufacturing Index, Construction Outlays, Housing Starts, Industrial Production, Bank...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Thu, Feb 2 2012
  • Question about GDP

    After reading this article by Kel Kelly, I am thoroughly convinced that: 1) all prices cannot rise at the same time unless the money supply increases or the production of goods and services decreases in a given economy and, 2) therefore, the $ value of GDP cannot increase unless the supply of $ increases...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Tue, Jan 3 2012
  • Comparing True Money Supply and Total Government Revenue

    I was trying to find out how much money the government took from the economy via taxation, so I decided to compare revenues with different statistisc. I used GDP, but I felt that would not be an accurate measure of taxation because GDP IMO is not the best measure. So then I thought about comparing the...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, Aug 5 2011
  • Economic Growth=inflation (so says my economics professor)

    My economics professor keeps saying economic growth causes price inflation. Something about this does not make sense to me. If the economy is more productive, then the supply of goods is greater, so would not prices (assuming the money supply is stable) actually drop? He would argue that it is aggregate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Thu, Mar 17 2011
  • Von Mises Quote

    Hello, I seem to remember a quote from Ludwig Von Mises about GDP to debt level percentage. Once it passes 78% it severely limits economic growth. Can anyone help?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by FCmagic01 on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Is GDP useless when measuring production?

    I have been reading Hazlitt and he makes a very interesting argument about GDP: that it cannot rise unless their is inflation. Even Real GDP would not work. Real GDP attempts to take inflation out of the equation (meaning the monetary supply would be static). But if the monetary supply truly was static...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • What is the Real GDP of the US

    I would like to begin a discussion of what the REAL GDP of the US is. i.e. what is the US's true (estimated) gross product. We know that GDP is incorrectly tabulated and massaged. We also know that the Fed's printing of money inflates things; especially as this lucre sloshes around Wall Street...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kchrisc on Tue, Feb 1 2011
  • Usefulness of the GDP

    The GDP is often used to indicate economic growth. Yet since the GDP also includes government spending, a growth in GDP could indicate public sector growth rather than private sector growth. What statistic is a better indication of sustainable economic growth? Bill
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill Colias on Tue, Sep 28 2010
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >