Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • ECONOMICS TEACHER

    My economics teacher is a whole sale idiot. We've gotten into several little scuffles over the course of class and I think it's fair to say that there is a mutual hatred between the two of us. I knew I was in for a doozy when on the first day he said that he'd earned his masters in economics...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThisIsWhyYoureWrong on Wed, Aug 1 2012
  • Utopia and Social Structure: A Brief Introduction

    It is useful to differentiate four aspects of social structure: the (1) personal, (2) socio-ontogenetic [organismic], (3) cultural, and (4) societal. The socio-ontogenetic or organismic, via bodily changes and affectual motivations, operates at the deep-structural level; cultural tradition, via institutions...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by edavismail on Mon, Apr 18 2011
  • An Austrian Tyranny over America?

    - From Harpers in 2009 - any comments on it? I think he is out to lunch... In terms of the Austrian influence on America. An Austrian Tyranny over America? By Scott Horton On July 14, 1927, a jury acquitted three right-wing nationalists who were accused of attempted murder after firing on a protest staged...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Redmond on Thu, Jan 20 2011
  • Re: Austrian Political Theory

    You're correct that Hayek shifted his stance on some issues when he wrote Law, Legislation, and Liberty . According to Jesús Huerta de Soto, one can see this change "by comparing Hayek's more Scottish-oriented Constitution of Liberty with his Mediterranean-oriented series, Law, Legislation...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by econ student on Tue, Nov 27 2007
  • Austrian Political Theory

    I would like to read anyone's opinion on Hayek's Constitution of Liberty . I am aware of Rothbard's critique in his Ethics of Liberty , but would like to find out what YOU think. What are its strenghts and weaknesses? Overall, how would you rank this book in terms of importance to the Austrian...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by econ student on Mon, Nov 26 2007
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)