Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Libertarianism = Conservatism?

    Link In this essay I examine the relationship between libertarianiam and conservatism, taking Block and Hoppe's views as a starting point for the analysis and then proposing that we redefine "conservative" as "one with a relatively low degree of time preference". All feedback...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by graham34 on Fri, Feb 13 2009
  • Lew Rockwell: The Left, the Right and the State

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/?p=episode&name=2009-02-08_098_the_left_the_right_and_the_state.mp3
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by liberty student on Mon, Feb 9 2009
  • Hoppe: Anarchy in the UK

    The Exploitation of the Strong by the Weak "There is, of course, some truth in the statement that there's a difference between criminals and states. But the difference is actually one that makes states look even worse than plain criminals." So declared Professor Hans Hermann Hoppe, retired...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by liberty student on Wed, Oct 29 2008
  • Hoppe: causality is an “action-produced phenomenon”???

    In note #37 of In Defense of Extreme Rationalism, Hoppe refers to “the preceding conclusion regarding the characteristic of causality as an action-produced phenomenon …” Revisiting the discussion that precedes note #37, I cannot find quite this conclusion. I find the conclusions that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jpg on Mon, Jun 30 2008
  • New Free Audiobook: Hans-Hermann Hoppe's "Economic Science and the Austrian Method"

    Greetings. I have now made available a free audiobook version of Hans-Hermann Hoppe's Economic Science and the Austrian Method , which you can find at http://progressofliberty.today.com/hoppe-austrian-method/ I hope that you enjoy listening to it. I will be periodically adding new recordings of Austrian...
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by G. Stolyarov II on Sat, Jun 14 2008
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    [quote user="Stranger"]Actually he does consider all other forms of ownership as being non-universal, that is to say they would result in mass extinction if applied as a universal ethic.[/quote] That argument also fails. He uses a reductio ad absurdam inappropriately, because it results in...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Len Budney on Mon, May 19 2008
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    [quote user="Juan"]It is not circular reasoning - you really don't get it. If I say, a la Descartes, "I think" I'm merely stating a fact.[/quote] Juan: I own myself. That's simply a statement of fact. Marx: No, you don't. And THAT is simply stating a fact. Juan: Do...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Len Budney on Mon, May 19 2008
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    [quote user="Juan"][quote] That's what makes the NAP an axiom: Libertarians assume it, but can't escape the fact that others reject it. There's no absolutely objective way to make everyone accept it [/quote] An axiom can't be meaningfully denied...[/quote] That's just wildly...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Len Budney on Mon, May 19 2008
  • Towns As Natural Human Associations

    I argued previously that government should not have a scope larger than that of a county or a town. But what makes a town special? Why not go below it and talk about independent town districts and neighborhoods and condo associations and finally private properties? It seems to me that the naturalness...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by dchernik on Sun, Apr 6 2008
  • The Origin of The State

    Hi, I need help; and hopefully someone will be interested enough to reply and aid me. I'm researching the origin of the state, specifically the de Jouvenel's theory, as presented in 'On Power'. This is the theory Hoppe refers to in 'Natural Elites, Intellectuals, and the State'...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eudaemonist on Thu, Mar 13 2008
Page 3 of 4 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >