Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Great Depression and monetary policy?

    Whenever discussing the Great Depression, it is always argued that high interest rates imposed during the Great Depression (Specifically 1931) worsened the Depression because investment was curtailed. This of course seems to run contrary with what an Austrian would argue. There was obviously credit inflation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Sun, Aug 7 2011
  • Business Ideas, Considering the Economic Climate

    First of all, let me preemtively apologize for the length of this... Let me explain my situation. I'm 18 years old and about to start college in a few days. I've spent this entire summer, as well as the past two years, devouring everything on economics I could find. I'm lucky; I discovered...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Tue, Aug 24 2010
  • Any tips/advice for someone looking to start a business in the coming years?

    Let me explain my situation. I'm 18 years old and about to start college in a few days. I've spent this entire summer, as well as the past two years, devouring everything on economics I could find. I'm lucky; I discovered the Austrian School early in my life, and have just finished "Man...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kingofkings92 on Tue, Aug 24 2010
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Buying power

    I've been doing a lot of reading on Austrian economics (Economics in One Lesson, America's Great Depression, etc), but this subject I just can't seem to get my head around. Please correct my logic if I'm wrong somewhere. The Keynesian business cycle gives us inflation followed by deflation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kevin7D on Fri, Feb 13 2009
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Re: Some thoughts on the Austrian business cycle

    I will concede that P does not necessarily increase if V does, but that P tends to rise all other things being equal, due to demand rising. This must be the case. If demand rises, P must tend to rise also. Other factors may negate the actual rise in P, but none the less, the tendancy is there. [quote...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Donald Lingerfelt on Thu, Dec 13 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)