  • Question on designing Austrian Economics research proposal

    Hi, I'm taking a stab at applying for a PhD (don't know where yet) and am in the process of writing a research proposal. Am looking into the possibility of trying to understand the 'wisdom' if you will of the prohibition against usury as prescribed in many religious texts (Christianity...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Yumashell on Tue, Dec 27 2011
  • Re: Inflation, interest rates, and bonds

    The bolded might help the most for your particular question, but these all provide great insight into what interest is and what it does, and how the manipulation of it affects the economy. Articles: The Phenomenon of Interest The Nature of Interest The Unlimited Power of Suppressing the Interest Rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Thu, Apr 14 2011
  • Interest rate time structure

    Hello, I'm currently reading Rothbard's Man, Economy and State. Rothbard states in his discussion of the time structure of interest rates that the market tends to equalize the rates across the yield curve (pp. 445-450). I feel that Rothbard omitted an important discussion regarding the sensitivity...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by giladr on Thu, Aug 13 2009
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)