Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Economics as a Science

    Bert and others, Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes I am an Austrian. The point of my book is to make Keynes clear for the average person and , by so doing, to demonstrate that today's economic policies are grounded in a quack system. The comment that economics is not a science was an aside...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hunter lewis on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Misc. Economic Questions

    I am probably going to be attending an lecture later this week at a local college given by Keynesian economists, and I want to go prepared. This lecture will be on the labor market, poverty, and wealth distribution. I have very little idea of the Keynesian theory of all that, so if someone could give...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Savannah Liston on Mon, Nov 16 2009
  • Lionel Robbins' joining the darkside

    Hello, I have been reading Mises.org now for about 6 or 7 years and it has really been the best teacher I've ever had on almost any social science topic I've been interested in. Usually questions I have can be answered by doing searches on the site or at least i can be directed to something off...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Soviet_Canuckistan on Sat, Jul 11 2009
  • Re: Krugman's Rearguard Apologists

    This follow-up article is a front-page "Mises Daily" today. I would greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to check it out and contribute to the comments . Here's an excerpt... This brings us to the key point that all the Krugman apologists egregiously ignore: namely that it would be...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Daniel James Sanchez on Tue, Jul 7 2009
  • Krugman's babysitter co-op analogy - am I missing something?

    I've been trying to read Krugman's book (I find it heavy on rhetoric and short on logic) and have been thinking about his babysitter analogy. I see RockyRacoon's point about the price-fixing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me there are other problems as well. In this analogy, the money...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by William Green on Thu, May 21 2009
  • Re: Baby-sitting Paul Krugman: Unraveling the Babysitter Analogy

    I've been trying to read Krugman's book (I find it heavy on rhetoric and short on logic) and have been thinking about this babysitter analogy. I see you point about the price-fixing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me there are other problems as well. In this analogy, the money is originally...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by William Green on Tue, May 19 2009
  • Keynes's "Bankor" Global Currency

    I just read an article saying that it appears that China, and perhaps the other BRIC countries, is exploring (and actively moving toward) the idea of implementing Keynes Bankor global currency idea. Does anyone know anything about this proposal and its consequences? There is no mention of it on Wikipedia...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by arlibertylover on Fri, Apr 17 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Re: von Mises > Keynes + Friedman?

    [quote user="hoffmanjohn"]you should probably post this qeustion in a Keynsian and monetarist group because the response you will get in this forum will only confirm the austrian view... Keynes suggest that monetary policy during a crisis such as the great depression was ineffective at saving...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Telemachus on Sat, Feb 7 2009
  • Japan and the Great Depression

    Recently I discussed FDR and the Great Depression with someone, and they brought Japan up as a counterexample to my assertion that Keynesian policies worsened and lengthened the Depression. Japan, it was said, was out of the Depression by about '33 thanks to consistent inflation and deficit spending...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Lukas on Mon, Dec 15 2008
Page 3 of 4 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >