Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • I'm a newly recruited supporter to Austrian views who needs some help getting started.

    Still struggling with some of the consequences in giving up my Social Democratic convictions... Started a reddit for it to get some help with the "thinking". It's in the IamA section titled " I'm a former Social Democrat who turned to libertarianism ". Some of the questions...
    Posted to General (Forum) by PEZ on Sun, Jan 24 2010
  • Ivorian tax-free rebel city flourishes

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8446994.stm If you ever had a doubt that liberty leads to greater prosperity...well doubt no more! According to a BBC news article people living in "Soroland" have created a zone with significantly less regulations and taxes on the Ivory Coast. Every libertarian...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by locknroll on Fri, Jan 8 2010
  • Connecticut Secession

    I'm from Connecticut and I believe that it ought to secede from the Union. Here are a couple practical reasons. These arguments are based on the premise that there will be a government; the benefits of a truly voluntary society are acknowledged by I wanted to approach this argument based on the assumption...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Thu, Jan 7 2010
  • Re: Mutualist/ left wing libertarian anarchist.

    I thought I had an account over here (I do lurk here everyone once in a while). Devin, I don't think you are being fair by saying the libertarian group over there was "taken over" by mutualists. For one thing, most of those guys started off as minarchists and ancaps. To me, they are just...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Corey "Cizzle" Moore on Wed, Dec 30 2009
  • Conservative??? Most are really not, are you?...

    If you think being a conservative is to be pro war, interventionists, or to be big government, you are wrong. This is mostly towards Americans. Conservatives have been looked down upon these last view years. But in reality, most people dont know what a conservative is in America. Lets try to clear some...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Isaac "Izzy" Marmolejo on Fri, Dec 18 2009
  • Libertarians and Religion

    Just yesterday I was on the Live Chat and these two people were arguing about Catholics and Libertarians. I really didn't understand what they were arguing about. One person was saying that Catholics have a big connection to libertarianism while the other person was saying that there was no connection...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Isaac "Izzy" Marmolejo on Fri, Dec 18 2009
  • Continental Convention

    MUST WATCH the Continental Convention 2009!!! Increadible! I was crying while watching the opening ceremonies. And the speaches are great. Not all the speakers are great speakers, but the information is fantastic. All the representatives were elected by their States. It's at www.cc2009.us Strangely...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by cryptocode on Thu, Nov 19 2009
  • Libertarianism and sociology

    has much work been done in the field of sociology from a libertarian or quasi libertarian perspective? I know of robert nisbet- though he was a conservative and also charles murray -though he's hardly a consistent libertarian by any stretch.theres hoppe too -he's done a talk comparing different...
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Tue, Nov 10 2009
  • Everywhere In Chains

    I'm new to this forum, but I don't plan on staying for very long. I've just come to introduce my blogel (blogged novel, if you didn't know). I'm calling it " Everywhere in Chains ", after the infamous Rousseau quote, "Man is born free, but he is everywhere in chains...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tiberius on Sun, Aug 30 2009
  • Re: What would you do with the EU?

    Secession is the only real hope. Maintain the free trade and common labor market, but get rid of the Euro and leave the political sphere. Losing your sovereignty to a national government is bad, but getting it lost to a multi-national government is even worse.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Wanderer on Thu, Jul 23 2009
Page 5 of 8 (73 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »