Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • The Top Ten Reasons why the Mafia is better than the Government Posted on November 15, 2011 by dirtdigger

    http://www.freemanch.com/the-top-ten-reasons-why-the-mafia-is-better-than-the-government/ Reason 10: The Mafia has a sense of honor. If they say that they will do something, they stick to it. Most people in government don’t have a clue what a sense of honor is. If they say that they will do something...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Tue, Nov 15 2011
  • Why is coercion bad?

    So I'm reading Ethics of Liberty , and Rothbard makes a distinction between freedom of choice and power or abundance of choice. If man is stranded on a deserted island, he has a completely unrestricted freedom of choice. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much of an abundance of choice: he can either...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by tunk on Sat, Nov 12 2011
  • Libertarianism vs. Utilitarianism

    Within the field of economics there is a concept known as the equity-efficiency trade-off. Efficiency is regarded as objective. While equity is subjective and filled with value judgments. Since equity is normative the concept of fairness must be determined. Fairness is actually far more objective than...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Lawrence on Wed, Aug 3 2011
  • [need concise content] Distributing flyers/pamphlets to students from Libertarian Stall

    Good Morning, I'm looking for some concise content to put into a leaflet (1 A4, colour, double-sided, folded in 2?) for distributing from my libertarian student-group stall in a couple of days. What would you recommend in terms of content, and could you give me some example paragraphs/images? I was...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Samuel Marks on Wed, Jul 27 2011
  • Ron Paul is a Voluntaryist (video)

    In this video, using Ron Paul's own words from his books and interviews, it is shown that Ron Paul's goal is voluntaryism. He adopts limited-government positions and appeals to the U.S. Constitution as part of a long-term strategy for achieving a completely free society, absent any State.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Graham Wright on Wed, Jul 20 2011
  • Ron Paul may not be doing so hot in NH after all

    In New Hampshire, Mitt Romney Leads, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann Move Up, Ron Paul Stumbles Undecided voters grow in the Granite State with Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee out In New Hampshire, a new poll shows that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska are showing...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Mon, Jul 18 2011
  • A pro-liberty strategy

    http://patrickkeefe.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/a-pro-life-and-proliberty-strategy/ The only thing I disagree with is the "vote with your hands" part for the obvious reasons. And I would only vote with the feet by moving to NH. But the rest is spot-on. Have lots of babies and raise them in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 8 2011
  • New libertarian party to focus on partying (funny)

    Good interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mzJ94YYCs From RidleyReport in New Hampshire.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sun, Jun 26 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Merlin and Eric, The problem with evolutionary philosophies of mind and decision making is that such philosophies apply recursively to your own minds. ALL evolutionary accounts of mind ultimately posit molecular self replicating and computing machinery as the ultimate source and origin of the human...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Goddard, Good comments. A little background about me...I was both an atheist and a libertarian long before I became a Christian. I am very much committed to the principles of libertarianism, and have long been fascinated by the idea of a truly free market society. One of the biggest problems in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
Page 2 of 10 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »