Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Independence Day (from Free Keene)

    http://freekeene.com/2011/07/04/independence-day/ The fourth day in July, also known as “Independence Day,” is commonly celebrated with a gathering of friends and family, a cookout, and fireworks. It is a ‘federal holiday’ meant to commemorate the Declaration of Independence,...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Tue, Jul 5 2011
  • Case for a state

    What is the best case for a state that you've heard in regards to the economy? I've been told that the state is needed in order to: 1) Protect private property 2) Protect basic rights so the mob doesn't rule you 3) Public goods (like paying for defense since if everyone thinks everyone else...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 1 2011
  • Will society/civilization collapse? (survivalism, gold, primitivism)

    I have a feeling that there may be a societal collapse sometime in the near future. I don't just mean the American dollar being devalued to the point of toilet paper but a full-blown collapse. Knowing how the FED keeps destroying liberty and seeing things like the food crisis and overpopulation I'm...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Mon, Jun 20 2011
  • Why is America dead? (videos)

    This guy is a religious nut and a bit of a statist but he makes lots of good points. Why is America Dead? (pt. 1) Why is America Dead? (pt. 2) Why is America dead? (pt. 3) Good explanation of why and how liberty goes down the toilet.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Tue, Jun 14 2011
  • The Liberty Portal - iOS app for Libertarianism and Austrian economics.

    Hello. I have developed an app for iOS which has been designed for those that love individual freedoms and free markets. The app shows article and video feeds. It has a chat feature for the #mises and #uklibertarian IRC channels. You can view like-minded individuals on a map and optionally share your...
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by MatthewM64 on Fri, Jun 10 2011
  • (Only hours left!) Crowd-funding the follow-up to George Ought to Help

    Hi all. This will be my last post on this subject, I promise. A few months back I made the state-critical animation George Ought to Help . I'm currently crowd-funding a follow-up animation called Edgar the Exploiter . There are only a few hours left of the campaign in which people can donate and...
    Posted to General (Forum) by bitbutter on Fri, Apr 22 2011
  • Re: Limited Government Think Tanks

    John James, I was not making a sweeping generalization. I am sure that there are limited Government think tanks and other non profit organizations run with good intention. However, many radical libertarians I have known had such experiences with similar think tanks, big and small. I can't talk of...
    Posted to General (Forum) by deadmanoncampus on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • On the strategy of persuasion, a caveat.

    There is a disturbing trend that I’ve come across lately and that is when, people of anarcho-capitalism persuasion drag down their fellow free-market libertarians and minarchists for not going 'all the way'. Now i personally would say that support the rights-based anarcho-capitalist ideal;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    @Anarcho : "Will someone who's productivity is many times greater then someone else's recieve the same salary as the much less productive person(s)?" Of course, why would a gold seeker would be paid more than a forester? Because gold is more expansive than wood you think? And what about...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by unionrevolte on Thu, Mar 3 2011
  • collective bargaining?

    As I understand it, collective bargaining involves forcing two parties, by law, to enter into a contract with each other. Is this correct? If so, how is this consistent with liberty? I think this is what Hazlitt is getting at when he says: On mandatory bargaining: “The employer, like the employee...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by MSnow1001 on Thu, Feb 24 2011
Page 3 of 8 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »