Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Montgomery County, PA Libertarians Holiday Party 2012 (video)

    Montgomery County, PA Libertarians Holiday Party 2012 (video) The Montgomery County, PA libertarians gave out the Monty Awards for distinguished activism at their holiday party on December 7, 2012. Great acceptance speeches were given by Larken Rose, Betsy Summers, Lou Jasikoff, Mike Salvi, and Richard...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Darren on Tue, Dec 11 2012
  • Re: Liberty is not the ultimate value

    [quote]Of course Liberty is not the ultimate value. Liberty like commerce is a product of two, if not ultimate values then pretty high up the importance scale, values being: 1. Non-Aggression 2. Respect for Private Property [/quote]Liberty or is the result of selfreliance. Freedom just means mastering...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Tue, Jun 26 2012
  • realpolitik, lobbyism and organization is what we need to succeed liberty

    Since the end of 80s and head of the 90s there are fast improvements of developping communication technologies, opening borders for capital and so do globalism. i made this topic because i realized that there are some people with Libertarian views didn't get how all these events are actually in favour...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chaghlar on Mon, Mar 12 2012
  • Aborted fetus foods?

    This is too weird.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sun, Jul 17 2011
  • Independence Day (from Free Keene)

    http://freekeene.com/2011/07/04/independence-day/ The fourth day in July, also known as “Independence Day,” is commonly celebrated with a gathering of friends and family, a cookout, and fireworks. It is a ‘federal holiday’ meant to commemorate the Declaration of Independence,...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Tue, Jul 5 2011
  • (Only hours left!) Crowd-funding the follow-up to George Ought to Help

    Hi all. This will be my last post on this subject, I promise. A few months back I made the state-critical animation George Ought to Help . I'm currently crowd-funding a follow-up animation called Edgar the Exploiter . There are only a few hours left of the campaign in which people can donate and...
    Posted to General (Forum) by bitbutter on Fri, Apr 22 2011
  • Re: Limited Government Think Tanks

    John James, I was not making a sweeping generalization. I am sure that there are limited Government think tanks and other non profit organizations run with good intention. However, many radical libertarians I have known had such experiences with similar think tanks, big and small. I can't talk of...
    Posted to General (Forum) by deadmanoncampus on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • A New Work of Libertarian Fiction

    Hello all, first time poster, long time Mises reader here. I would like to use this thread to discuss a work of libertarian fiction I am currently working on. The work is largely inspired by the great Withur We by Jeremiah Dyke that was posted here several months ago. Anyways, my novel is still a work...
    Posted to General (Forum) by oits on Sun, Nov 7 2010
  • Gay Marriage

    This will be a controversial discussion, but the other threads I've read on here didn't discuss certain topics regarding gay marriage and civil unions. Emma Goldman stated, "Anarchism stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals for the purpose of producing real social...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Thu, Jul 1 2010
  • Best Fiction (Books or Movies) With a Theme of Freedom

    I feel like this could end up being a fun post. I still haven't read Atlas Shrugged, but I've heard from everyone that it's a great book and promotes the free market. What are some other good books and movies that support the idea of a free society. Only fiction, please. However, if you know...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sat, Jun 26 2010
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >